I cant get esignal working with the tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant get esignal working with the tradestation

i installed the plugin and tried to download the data but it doesnt work.
    When i start the global server i and go to view/data feed settings i se the option "esignal download" but it is in grey and i cant choose it.
    Maybe there is the problem.

lumpilump
    The eSignal Plugin menu item in View-> DataFeed Settings is always greyed out. The only item available in that menu should be DBC Online.
    To download data with the Plugin you need to select File-> Download from eSignal.
    Alex

Originally posted by lumpilump
    i installed the plugin and tried to download the data but it doesnt work.
    When i start the global server i and go to view/data feed settings i se the option "esignal download" but it is in grey and i cant choose it.
    Maybe there is the problem.

Comment

it works , but not really good.
      I have to selected only a few number symbols to download the data then it works.
      But if i select more symbols , it took very long time and after 10 minutes it doesnt download any more.
      I cant download the end of day data also.
      only the intraday data.

Comment

lumpilump
        How much time it takes to download the data will depend on the resolutions (ie 1 Tick Trade Record, 1 Min Trade Record, etc) and the number of days you are requesting. Tick data can take a considerable amount of time to download and process while Minute or Daily data is quite fast. Unless you make use of tick data you may want to consider unchecking that resolution from the Items to Download (and from the History to Save).
        In general a week's worth of 1 Min Trade Record and 1 Day Trade Record for 10 symbols takes about a minute to download and process.
        As far as the daily data download is concerned make sure that you set the Daily From date in the Date Range section of the Download from eSignal dialog box.
        Alex

Comment

thank you for your help , i got it right now.

But i see i have a problem with the volume.
          I tried to put the volume in a tradestation chart and i see only a few volume bars.
          Is it a mistake from my download or how can i fix this?

Comment

lumpilump
            You may want to read through this thread
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X