Tradestation 2000i Quick Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradestation 2000i Quick Setup

I am a new TS 2000i user (but a long time TS 7.x amd 8.x user. On a different computer I have installed TS 2000i along with the eSignal Plug-in (both latest releases). I did not use the old 25 year historical CD that came with TS, and don't even know where that is at now.

In the Global Server I have listed 2 stocks and 3 future contracts. I am able to get Interday candles or bars (5min, etc.) but only 1 daily candle or bar.

Can someone give me the procedure (starting within the Global Server) what I need to actually be doing to get not only 1 min, 5 min, etc., but also daily, weekly and monthly candles and bars to appear in the Chart Window? I assume the issue is I am perhaps not setting the correct range of dates to download historical data, etc. As a test I tried downloading like 3 months of data, but that seemed to have no impact on a daily chart.

Also, I am interested in speed of loading charts. Am I correct in assuming I only need to download 1 min data, and not tick data?

Finally, once I get this all working (assume I am talking about 30 minutes charts) and I turn the computer on at like 10am (est) and bring up a chart of MSFT. Would there be gaps in candles missing from the last time I was logged in? Is so, how do you keep this up to date all the time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

specialsof

Can someone give me the procedure (starting within the Global Server) what I need to actually be doing to get not only 1 min, 5 min, etc., but also daily, weekly and monthly candles and bars to appear in the Chart Window?
    First of all make sure that in GlobalServer you have set up all your symbols to save at least 1 Min Trade Record and 1 Day Trade Record (see the History toSave tab of the Edit Symbol dialog box).
    Then when you download the historical data with the Plugin make sure you have checked those resolutions in the History Settings and set the Date Range for both Intraday and Daily (see image below)

Also, I am interested in speed of loading charts. Am I correct in assuming I only need to download 1 min data, and not tick data?
    If you do not intend to plot Tick or Volume charts then you do not need to download and store the 1 Tick Trade Record resolution.
    All you actually need to be able to plot any intraday chart (other than Tick or Volume charts) and daily or higher interval charts are the 1 Min Trade Record and 1 Day Trade Record
    Alex

Comment

specialsof

Finally, once I get this all working (assume I am talking about 30 minutes charts) and I turn the computer on at like 10am (est) and bring up a chart of MSFT. Would there be gaps in candles missing from the last time I was logged in? Is so, how do you keep this up to date all the time?
      Yes there will be gaps because GlobalServer retrieves and stores the data only when it is in Online Mode and the symbols are Connected
      To fill those gaps you need to use the Plugin
      Alex

Comment

Thank You!

All is working now.

Comment

specialsof
          My pleasure and thank your for letting me know all is working properly now
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X