Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gs data corruption due to esignal download plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gs data corruption due to esignal download plugin?

hallo,

in another post i have already mentioned my problems with downloading forex tick datas.
    my last solution was to let the computer run 24h from saturday to sunday...therefor it was not needed to download datas anymore. the realtime stream was enough, THX GOD.

this morning, my internet provider canceled the connection and some hours of trading activity were missed.

no problem, right? i simply can download these datas...WRONG.
    although i have done so, the end of the storry was a missing 02.11.06...

to illustrate the problem i have tried to attache some screenshots, showing the global server datas before downloading and afterwards. but it looks like that i can only one file and am limited to only two posts in a row.
    i also cant link the images because the forum doesnt allow the original size of them...nobody will be able to see something at them.

so i have to use hyperlinks and i hope that wont cause too much
    intricateness.

i simply doawnloaded the missing 02.11.06 datas for this morning
    caused by downloading the datas of the 03.11.06, caused by i-net connection interuption this morning.

ur are right if u think, this should have caused the deleting of the datas from the 01.11.06.

but look self...

Last edited by G.Galilei; 11-03-2006, 07:10 AM.

no post changes possible after 720mins ....so here the right pics now:

you can see, that due to downloading 02.11.06, 01.11.06 had become deleted. and 02.11.06 had become deleted due to downloading 03.11.06. this was necessary because my provider canceled the connection for 3 hours friday morning...

does any1 have this problem too?

i cant work this way, that should be clear. either i let the computer run 24/7 and hope for no interruptions or i download every morning tickdatas of 5 forexsymbols for 10 days to have a continuing chart.
    possibility 2 is horror and takes hours, variation 1 worked until friday morning...

so pls let me know what i can do here?

best regards
    Last edited by G.Galilei; 11-03-2006, 11:37 PM.

Comment

G.Galilei
      I don't know what could be causing the problem you are seeing as I am unable to replicate it thus far.
      In the following two animated images you can see that I am charting 1 Tick Bid Record data saved in GlobalServer and can download data for any given day without affecting the prior (or following) day.
      In the first image I download data for yesterday (November 7th) and that does not remove the existing data for November 6th (or November 8th). Similarly in the second image I download data for today (November 8th) without affecting yesterday's data.
      At this point I have no suggestions to offer but if I do come across a possible cause I will post my findings to this thread.
      Alex

Comment

Alex...... i thank u VERY much for doing that, and sry for answering first now...

u have helped to exclude one possibility...

KING regards

Comment

G.Galilei
          You are most welcome
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X