Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugin sez "download complete" or "connected" but no data downloaded

Alexis,
    I have been having a problem with the plugin since I installed the newest version of esignal. I then uninstalled and reinstalled an ealier version. I do not run the esignal platform, only the datamanager to feed my tradestation 200i & metastock.
    I tried the 'datamanager only' version of esignal and had problems, so reverted to version 7.6 build 273. I uninstalled the plugin 5xxx and went back to 4081.
    I also re-installed ts2ki
    NOW, when I try to download data, only daily works.
    (I do NOT try to download daily and 5min, 1 min or tick at the same time)
    When I attempt to download 5, 1, or tick data- it either says
    "download complete" immediately-- with '0' data downloaded, or it says "connecting" and just sits there- no data is downloaded.
    Also, When I go to the file dropdown, the option of "stop download" is not there- it shows the "download from esignal" option as if I hadn't started the download.
    I have two separate esignal feeds running to two computers.
    One has no problem:
    winxppro sp2
    ts2ki ver5 build 0771
    esignal 7.6 build 273
    plugin 4081
    the other,
    winxppro sp1, other programs same as above
    same as above. but I also run metastock 8 as well
    Thanks!
    Marc Miller
    ps- new email addres [email protected]
    old email address [email protected]

I am running TS2ki ver 0771 on Winxppro sp1
    Best Wishes,
    marc miller
    [email protected]

Marc
    Try the solution provided in this thread and see if that fixes the problem you are having.
    If it does then I would suggest that you also install the latest version of the Plugin.
    If it does not then I would suggest you uninstall the Plugin and reinstall TS2k version 0822 if you have the installer for that version or use the installer for your version [which I believe is Service Pack 3] and then upgrade it with Service Packs 4 and 5. Then when TS2k is working properly on its own install the most recent version of the Plugin.
    Alex

Comment

fixed it

Alexis,
      Thank you.
      It works fine now.
      I did forget to rename dbcapi.dll to "old" in the system 32-
      hope that wasn't a major mistake...

Amazing that you know this stuff.
      My many thanks to you.

I could not be trading properly without missing data.
      You must understand the importance of the help you
      just gave me.

I have been running the plugin since it first came out, with never any problems in my TS2ki Build 5, ver. 0771
      I cannot run any newer version of ts2ki than the 0771,
      because the indicators I run won't work in any newer version.
      TS changed a bunch of stuff- similar to what they did in the year 2000 when I was put out of business for 6 months.....
      Thanks again! !
      Marc
      Best Wishes,
      marc miller
      [email protected]

Comment

Marc
        You are most welcome.
        Alex

Comment

TS2000i Global Server problem

OK I give;
          I've replaced the dbcapi.dll file in the Windows\system 32.
          I've run the esignal Plug-In for tradestation 2000i, but still when I run the Global Server program it says Connect Status: Connected.
          DataFeed: esignal plugin.
          But quotes received "0".
          I have 2 stocks in my symbol portfolio tab. And I tried to right click on the stocks in the portfolio and select "Connect Symbol" and it gives me an error in the "Real Time Status"
          My Data Manager is green with a good Reception and P/W.
          I'm running 5.00.0771 Global Server on an XP computer.

But I still can't get it to receive any data. Is there an Interface problem?

Thanks for your time...Greg

Comment

Greg
            The first thing you may want to try is to uninstall the Plugin then upgrade TS2k to build 0822, run the Setup Wizard and then reinstall the Plugin.
            As to the issue you are seeing it may help if you provide some more details (prefereably with some screenshots) of how those symbols are set up, what messages (if any) you are getting when you set GlobalServer in Online mode, etc.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X