Global Server Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Server Error

I'm having trouble downloading historical data using eSignal download in the Global Server. The Global Server comes back with a critical error having occurred and shuts down. I've tried pretty well everything suggested in the formum. My current set-up is as follows: eSignal 8.0, ProSuite 2000i vers. 5.822, and the latest version of the esignal 2000i downloader. Note that the real-time part works. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem?
    Brian

Brian
    You may need to provide some more details such as for example if the GlobalServer in Online mode and the symbols Connected when trying to download data with the Plugin.
    Also is there a specific symbol that is causing this and if so what symbol is it and how is it set up?
    Any other information you can offer may help in determining what the problem could be
    Alex

Comment

Here are some additional details: start global server on line; connect symbol AA (stock nyse); choose download from esignal; in Item box, choose Stock with history settings 1 minute and 1 Day (nyse is in the list of exchanges); Data range: intraday 02/12/2006 to 02/01/2007; Daily 02/01/2000 to 02/01/2007. I then say okay and choose AA from the list of stocks; Download performance switches from No Request to Connected and then Global Server comes back with:"A critical error occurred in Global Server, Shutting Down."
      Brian

Comment

I should add that, if I choose only intraday, the Global Server doesn't crash but it says download complete, although no data was downloaded.
        Brian

Comment

Also, if I choose to download only daily data, the Global Server crashes.
          Brian

Comment

Brian

Here are some additional details: start global server on line; connect symbol AA (stock nyse);choose download from esignal; in Item box, choose Stock with history settings 1 minute and 1 Day (nyse is in the list of exchanges); Data range: intraday 02/12/2006 to 02/01/2007; Daily 02/01/2000 to 02/01/2007....
            First of all you may want to reduce the amount of intraday data requested. eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data. For information on how much data is available with eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
            Also try to disconnect the symbol(s) before downloading historical data and see if that resolves the issue.
            Even though I have not personally experienced any problems in this regard I usually download data when the GlobalServer is Offline and/or the symbols are Disconnected so as to avoid potential conflicts in the database.
            Alex

Comment

Brian

I should add that, if I choose only intraday, the Global Server doesn't crash but it says download complete, although no data was downloaded.
              This could indicate that you have an old dbcapi.dll file in the Windows/System32 directory.
              If you have not already done so try the suggestion provided in this thread and see if it resolves the problem.
              Alex

Comment

I replaced dbcapi.dll with the newer one from the esignal folder and I was able download both intraday and daily data. Thanks a lot for your help.
                Brian

Comment

Brian
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X