Trading Session Times - FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Session Times - FX

How do I set the session times to get 24hr data? or what is the best settings for Europe trading? I seem to keep getting this error message:

Last edited by NLR; 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM.

Hi,

I have been having the similar problems. Alex, do you have the solution?

Thanks!

Chuan

Comment

NLR, Chuan
      The error message is caused by the 3 hrs in the Settlement which extend the total session time beyond 24 hours.
      Set it to 0 hrs and you will no longer get the error message
      Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis. Your time is much appreciated.

Comment

NLR
          My pleasure
          Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks so much for your help. The error message disappeared after I did what you suggested. However, one more problem remains: for e-minis, I do not get the data (when I download) between 4:15 PM up to mid-night (eastern time) no matter I set up a continous 24 hr session or I break it into two sessions. The data from mid-night to market open is fine. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks!

Chuan

Comment

Chuan
              You are most welcome.
              With regards to the issue you are having you will need to post some screenshots illustrating the setup of the symbol and specificallly the Settings and Sessions tabs (the latter showing Exchange Times) in Edit Symbol. Without any information it is not possible to determine what the problem could be and/or offer any guidance on how to resolve it. Also in what Time Zone are you located?
              Alex

Comment

To not open a new thread i will post my question here:

what happened with the time settings from esignal?

Since the US shifted to summertime the session breaks on my charts are not correct anymore. I didn't change any of the setting that i use for years now.
                Why this sudden problem?

I trade the ES.

Comment

spike500
                  You need to change in GlobalServer the Daylight Saving Time settings for the Exchange.
                  See this thread for more information
                  Alex

Comment

Thanks, i will check it out.
                    Bizar that i never had to do it since i started more than 10 years ago.

Comment

spike500
                      The reason you need to do it is because this year the US (and Canada) changed the Daylight Saving Time rules
                      Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks again for the help. I am posting three screenshots here. Hopefully you could get a clue what went wrong. I am in the US central time.

Chuan
                        Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

This is the second screenshot.

Chuan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

This is the third screenshot.

Chuan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chuan
                              Here are the settings as I believe they should be.

I noticed that you manually set a distant expiration date which makes me assume that you are 'stitching' together various contracts. Rather than doing that you may want to set the Expiration Rule to Pattern 81 which will automatically set the contract to No Expiration (see next screenshot)

You need to revise the Price Scale and Point Value in your Settings tab

The following screenshot shows the Sessions set up for one continuous trading session

Below you can see an intraday chart after a data download using the Plugin
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X