Ts2ki Data Defragmenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts2ki Data Defragmenter

A few years ago I helped program a Data Defragmenter for Ts4 and I have been asked many times if I had an equivalent version for Ts2ki. Although the structure of the Ts2ki Data Files is far more complex than the Ts4 structure I have finally released a beta version. This utility can be used to see how much fragmentation you have in your systems and the unregistered version will even allow you to re-write one fragmented file so you can evaluate the utility. The utility may be downloaded from the following:

http://www.box.net/shared/bmnzs1lskc

If you have questions or comments, you can contact me at:

[email protected]

Attached is a screen shot
    Attached Files

I have uploaded a new version of the Ts2ki Unfrag utility to the link: New Ts2ki Unfrag Utility

At the very least, Ts2ki users with any amount of data should download and Install this utility so they at least know how much Global Server file fragmentation is in their system. Downloading and installing the utility is free without any registration requirements. The unregistered utility will show the amount of fragmentation in each file plus allow the user to write one unfragmented file for evaluation purposes.

Additionally, I have uploaded a free Global Server Monitor which can be run even while the Global Server is running and shows the sizes of the Data and Index files plus a ratio of the Index file size to the Data file size which is somewhat an indicator of Global Server fragmentation. Get the FREE utility

~Bob

Comment

Bob Scott's Defrag Utility

I purchased this utility from Bob Scott. EVERYONE should thank him and purchase it as well if you use TS 2000i. It reduced the size of my Server Files by almost one half! I have noticed an incredible pick up in the speed of the performance of the TS Program.
      Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

Thank you very much for a very nice complement.

One thing that I would like to clarify for those that may not be as familiar with the way TS2000i operates is that if you were to add 3 GB of data to a particular symbol and then later decided you either wanted to delete that symbol or reduce the amount of data, the size of the file would not be reduced. TS2000i file sizes only grow larger unless a utility like Ts2ki Unfrag is used to release any unused space. So, Daniel did not lose any data when his files were reduced by almost half, he just regained some unused space.

~Bob

Comment

may i ask - once registered, am i allowed to use the app on multiple machines w/ ts2ki installed?
          thanks

Comment

MudCat,

I thought about the pricing structure quite a bit and finally decided that it would be better to offer the program at a low price but limit use to a single PC. That way, if you only have one PC, you spend very little but if you have 10 PC's then you need to spend 10 times as much but since the price is low in the first place you are still not paying a great amount. I don't believe this forum is a place where I should quote prices but I think you would find it quite low.

If you are interested, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll tell you what the introductory price is.

~Bob
            Last edited by bobscott; 03-13-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I have just uploaded a new version of Ts2ki Unfrag which fixes some minor usage bugs which involve only display items plus I now have data size prorated pricing with users with under 512 MB of Server data being able to use the utility for free.

The way it works is as follows:

1. Download and Install the utility from the link: http://www.box.net/shared/jnfw3yb0og

If you do not already have a Key Code (program is not yet registered) then perform the following:

2. Run the program and create a report of your current Server Data fragmentation.

3. Select the Registration menu which will copy your motherboard information to the clipboard and paste that into an e-mail.

4. Attach the Unfrag Report generated in Step 1 to the e-mail and send it to me.

When I receive your information and if your Server Data size is less than 512 MB, I will send you a Key Code at no cost.

I hope this is clear to all.

~Bob

Comment

Anyone using TS2000i with large amounts of data should seriously consider obtaining Ts2ki Unfrag because in some cases it appears to be the equivalent of almost doubling the CPU speed. The following is a quote made just this morning by a user:

"I just put Ts2ki Unfrag on both my servers and life is much better. NO connection to Bob Scott.
                Thanks Bob- these machines are running fast- charts are updating with lightning speed...."

If you want further information please contact:

[email protected]

Comment

I have uploaded a new version of Ts2ki Unfrag to the Link: http://www.box.net/shared/jnfw3yb0og Download and run it to see if your Global Server files are badly fragmented.

If you just want to read more about the utility I have uploaded a MHtml document to the Link: http://www.box.net/shared/cvwalgf8kw I know this file is readable using IE6 but I'm not sure about other browsers.

Best regards,

~Bob

Comment

I now have a dedicated website for Ts2ki Unfrag so links to the Box.net website will now be invalid.

The dedicated Ts2ki Unfrag website is: http://www.BobScottSystems.com

A new e-mail address for Ts2ki Unfrag communications is [email protected]

The current program version is 2008-05-11a

Comment

Working...
                    X