Problem Esignal Plugin in Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Esignal Plugin in Vista

I have problems to install the Esignal Plugin for TS2000 in Vista !
    It say me that my Esignal is missing or corrupt .....and the installation stops !
    In realty Esignal works !

Help me please .

best regards

Massimo

Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

I was able to locate some setup documents on our eSignal File Share site

I also located an article, on the Adest webiste, with some specific Vista related instructions.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Comment

eSignal Ts2000 plugin and Vista

I have always problems with eSignal plugin for TS2000 in Vista .

Now both Global Server and eSignal DataManager starts ; also eSignal plugin runs but it's not able to connect to GlobalServer ( it only initialized ... ) and it not collect data in realtime .

I have seen that it's only possible to download historical data with it, now in Vista .

Any help ?

Massimo

Comment

Problem with eSignal Plug-in in Vista

I discovered same problem when I went to install eSignal Plug-in for TS2000i loaded onto VISTA. Get msg that eSignal is missing or corrupt and the install stops!

I wish I could just get end-of-day data, let alone real-time...

the Adest website Vista-related instructions did help achieve clean install of TS2000i; ie, load TS 2000i with the (Vista) User Access Control (UAC) turned off ... unfortunately same didn't get me anywhere with the plug-in install. I'M DEAD IN THE WATER with TS on my new Vista pc without mkt data.

I haven't loaded regular eSignal software yet, but on XP that didn't matter as I recall. Any way to get this plug-in loaded in VISTA ???

leighS

Comment

Nada, not a chance...............keep waiting for the "people" out there to come up with a fix as Esignal and Omega keep saying, but no such luck.

Comment

Origin of eSignal plugin?

So, did Omega come up with this plugin or eSignal? I assume that, as the software interfaces with TS, it was Omega.

If it's Omega, I will go to my old colleague and friend Bill Cruz, co-CEO of TradeStation/Omega (along with brother Ralph) and call in every marker I think I have and see if he will get one of his programmers to come up with a revision that will work with Vista.

TradeStation 2000i is a legacy product that they derive NO, zero, nada income from these days, but there are still a lot of them out there I suppose and he may have one of his people do it as a good will gesture. We'll see - depends on the programming time involved.

But I gather that this plugin software comes from Omega, yes?

Comment

Hi There,

As per your last comment, Omega are no longer supporting their Tradestation2000i application.

This is to advise you that there are currently, no plans to provide support for the Tradestation2000i plugin in a Windows Vista environment.

Our eSignal development team have, in the past, worked with Omega to update the plugin, so it is compatible with Windows XP.
              Please downgrade to Windows XP, should you wish to use that software.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Working...
              X