Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong bars/correct bars

Hi there

I use eSignal 10.0., TS2000i/Globalserver SP5, XP Home and have a problem that is driving me insane on the ES #F or other individual ES symbols.

If I plot a 20m chart, it plots at the correct time on Sunday, than it is out of whack for all the remaining week's session, or, with other settings, it is wrong on Sunday and correct the other days. For example: it plots at 5:10pm CDT instead of 5:20 on Sunday, or, changing session times/introducing dummy weekend sessions, it plots correct on Sunday, but then every weekday session opens at 5:00pm CDT instead of 3:30pm.
    BTW, the daylight savings parameter have been double checked and are correct.

I have tried dozens if not hundreds of different session day/times for both the exchange (CME as there is no separate Globex on Globalserer; moreover, ES is downloaded by the eSignal plug-in from CME by default) AND the symbol, with no avail: after each open, it is plotted at the correct time EITHER on Sundays OR on the remaining sessions. Funnily enough, the data is downloaded correctly minute by minute when checked with the "load data" feature of Globalserver.

I wonder what I am doing wrong... Anybody please could suggest the correct sessions for CME and ES #F so that is plots correctly at ANY time???

Thank you

Re: Wrong bars/correct bars

Apothem
    FWIW I have never been able to resolve that problem.
    From what I am seeing TradeStation ignores either one or the other session start time setting even though the data is stored with the correct times in GlobalServer
    Alex

Originally posted by Apothem
    Hi there

I use eSignal 10.0., TS2000i/Globalserver SP5, XP Home and have a problem that is driving me insane on the ES #F or other individual ES symbols.

If I plot a 20m chart, it plots at the correct time on Sunday, than it is out of whack for all the remaining week's session, or, with other settings, it is wrong on Sunday and correct the other days. For example: it plots at 5:10pm CDT instead of 5:20 on Sunday, or, changing session times/introducing dummy weekend sessions, it plots correct on Sunday, but then every weekday session opens at 5:00pm CDT instead of 3:30pm.
    BTW, the daylight savings parameter have been double checked and are correct.

I have tried dozens if not hundreds of different session day/times for both the exchange (CME as there is no separate Globex on Globalserer; moreover, ES is downloaded by the eSignal plug-in from CME by default) AND the symbol, with no avail: after each open, it is plotted at the correct time EITHER on Sundays OR on the remaining sessions. Funnily enough, the data is downloaded correctly minute by minute when checked with the "load data" feature of Globalserver.

I wonder what I am doing wrong... Anybody please could suggest the correct sessions for CME and ES #F so that is plots correctly at ANY time???

Thank you

Comment

Thanks Alexis, I thought something was wrong with my settings.

I wonder whether TS8.x has the same problem.... and whether it allows indicators of higher time frames to be plotted on smaller time frames while updating them at the time of THEIR OWN BARS!!

For example: if you plot a linear regression of a 5m chart on a 1m chart, and would like it to be updated live at every tick, the indicator gets locked evey MINUTE, the duration of the lower time frame, NOT every 5minutes!! Have you got any experience about TS8.x regarding these factors?

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Comment

Apothem
        I do not have any experience on this matter with regards to TS8.
        Regardless this would not be the appropriate forum to discuss it as it is intended solely for issues or questions related to the TS2000i Plugin and/or connectivity of TS2000i with eSignal data
        Alex

Originally posted by Apothem
        Thanks Alexis, I thought something was wrong with my settings.

I wonder whether TS8.x has the same problem.... and whether it allows indicators of higher time frames to be plotted on smaller time frames while updating them at the time of THEIR OWN BARS!!

For example: if you plot a linear regression of a 5m chart on a 1m chart, and would like it to be updated live at every tick, the indicator gets locked evey MINUTE, the duration of the lower time frame, NOT every 5minutes!! Have you got any experience about TS8.x regarding these factors?

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated

Comment

Ok Alex, I agree. Just wanted to point out that I have followed the instructions found in this forum about the integration of the plug-in into TS2000i (delete the Globalserver idx files.... and so on) and it has always worked rather well.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X