Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding New Symbols in Global Servers for Exchanges unstated

Hi There.

I have subscribed to exchanges such as NSE -> National Stock Exchange of India and the products are NIFTY futures.

Apparently, i cant find a way to add them into Global Server. Can someone kindly guide me through, Since they follow the same mechanism as CME, ie, Symbol, Space Month, Year.

Could i add them into a similar exchange, will that create issue with timings of the data or create issues with esignal when requesting info since the exchange ABBR is incorrect?

Pls advise and thank you in advance.

Re: Adding New Symbols in Global Servers for Exchanges unstated

pete
    When available the simplest solution is to use a similar exchange and assign the symbol to that. Note that by similar I mean by geographical location as that will save you from having to set up the timezone offset and other related settings [daylight saving, holiday list, etc]
    If I am not mistaken the NSE is located in Mumbai which means that you could assign the symbols to the Bombay Stock Exchange [BMBSE] which is included in GlobalServer.
    If that is not feasible the other solution is to use any other exchange [to which you have not assigned any symbols] and set it up as if it were the NSE [timezone offset and all related settings]
    In either case you will have to set up the symbols manually. You can find all the information on how to do this in GlobalServer's Help files
    Since you are inputting the symbol[s] manually you might as well set it up as an Index [rather than a Future] which means that it will have no expiration. Then at the rollover date all you need to do is replace the month and year code of the existing symbol thereby creating your own continuous contract which would otherwise not be available (#F symbols are available only for US future contracts)
    Alex

Originally posted by askfind
    Hi There.

I have subscribed to exchanges such as NSE -> National Stock Exchange of India and the products are NIFTY futures.

Apparently, i cant find a way to add them into Global Server. Can someone kindly guide me through, Since they follow the same mechanism as CME, ie, Symbol, Space Month, Year.

Could i add them into a similar exchange, will that create issue with timings of the data or create issues with esignal when requesting info since the exchange ABBR is incorrect?

Pls advise and thank you in advance.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

pete
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by askfind
        thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X