Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlobalServer Timestamp

Hi,

Has anyone figured out a work-around the fact that Esignal timestamps 1min data at the begining of the bar, and GlobalServer expects it at the end?

I need to get the open accurately intra day.

Thanks L.

Re: GlobalServer Timestamp

ladidalimey
    That is just how the two applications timestamp the intervals. The data however is exactly the same for the equivalent periods [as you can see in the enclosed screenshots] so I don't see what workaround would be required
    Alex

Originally posted by ladidalimey
    Hi,

Has anyone figured out a work-around the fact that Esignal timestamps 1min data at the begining of the bar, and GlobalServer expects it at the end?

I need to get the open accurately intra day.

Thanks L.

Comment

Hi,

You are right, it doesn't seem to matter. I was using QCollector data for comparison, which had a 1 minute offest, leading to the confusion.

Thanks for the help

L

Comment

ladidalimey
        FYI you can set QCollector to timestamp the data either way
        Alex

Hi,

You are right, it doesn't seem to matter. I was using QCollector data for comparison, which had a 1 minute offest, leading to the confusion.

Thanks for the help

L

Comment

Hi,

I did a test on this, and if you choose end of bar timestamp the 1 minute data is offest by one minute.

L

Comment

ladidalimey
            That is not what I am seeing at my end. If I use the Time bar ends option when I create the symbol the downloaded data matches the one in TS2k/GlobalServer for the same timestamp. The screenshot below shows a snippet of the data file downloaded using QCollector set to timestamp the bar end. As you can see the values at 9:31 are the same as those displayed in the screenshot enclosed with my previous reply [and timestamped 9:30 in eSignal]
            Alex

Hi,

I did a test on this, and if you choose end of bar timestamp the 1 minute data is offest by one minute.

L

Comment

Working...
            X