Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Lines

Hi guys,

I have been trying to write a code to have lines added to my chart automatically but I just can’t get it to work. I would be very thankful for any help.

What I am trying to do is to have 2 horizontal lines, about ½ inch long, at the top and at the bottom of each candle that just closed. When the next period candle is still forming, those lines would stay in that previous candle, and when that next candle closes, then the lines would update to that new candle and so on. So the lines would always be from the previous period, signaling where the high and the lows of that previous candle were.

I have an image attached, thank you in advance for your attention.

Roberto
    Attached Files

Re: Range Lines

Roberto
    I am not sure if you are asking how to do this in TradeStation or eSignal [since you posted in the TradeStation 2000 forum but your images are of eSignal charts].
    If the former then you need to consider that even though this forum is dedicated to TradeStation 2000 it is not intended for support on specific TradeStation issues (such as programming etc) but only for issues or questions related to data and/or connectivity of that application with eSignal.
    If instead your question is related to eSignal [but mistakenly posted in this forum] then you can draw those lines using the drawLineRelative() function. As an example the following line of code added to a formula

would result in this and behave as you describe

For information and syntax required by the drawLineRelative() function see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by robertodsbastos
    Hi guys,

I have been trying to write a code to have lines added to my chart automatically but I just can’t get it to work. I would be very thankful for any help.

What I am trying to do is to have 2 horizontal lines, about ½ inch long, at the top and at the bottom of each candle that just closed. When the next period candle is still forming, those lines would stay in that previous candle, and when that next candle closes, then the lines would update to that new candle and so on. So the lines would always be from the previous period, signaling where the high and the lows of that previous candle were.

I have an image attached, thank you in advance for your attention.

Roberto

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your reply!
      Actually is for eSignal.

I'll try to write code using the drawLineRelative.

Thank you very much!

Roberto

Comment

Roberto
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by robertodsbastos
        Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your reply!
        Actually is for eSignal.

I'll try to write code using the drawLineRelative.

Thank you very much!

Roberto

Comment

Working...
        X