Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managing Volume in GS - a thread worth reading!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alex,

I just read this thread on the 'volume' problem with the plugin. As you had mentioned elsewhere that you had used this plugin in its other iteration (uniserver), is volume also a problem there?

Is there a downloader that is free from all problems?

Take care,
    Sajal

Comment

Sajal
      Uniserver behaved in the same way that I can remember.
      From a personal point of view I don't consider this as a problem per se. If one wants to plot the Volume all one needs to do is download 1 Tick data and the Volume will show because it will be assigned to Up and Down Volume fields which TS2k uses for its computations. With higher resolutions (1 Minute, 5 Minute) there is no way that I can see to define the Up and Down Volumes separately which is why both Uniserver and ActiveX offer the option to place the total Volume in the Up Volume field.
      As far as I understand it the issue is at TS2k level which for some reason does not read the Total Volume field other than in 1 Day resolution.
      Just an opinion based on my experiences
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I agree with you. It is not really a big problem performing the downloading twice, once for the day and minutes and once again for the ticks.

The only problem that I have noticed is that intraday charts, using up and down volume do not come up instantaneously as compared to the same charts that came up instantaneously when you did not have to use downloaded data.

Would you know if TS handles up and down volume in a different way with data that gets into GS during the normal trading course, that makes TS charting faster?

Related to this topic, is advanced charting capable of displaying up and down volume (and also up and down ticks) like TS?

As always, appreciate your responses and help.
        Sajal

Comment

Sajal

Would you know if TS handles up and down volume in a different way with data that gets into GS during the normal trading course, that makes TS charting faster?

I am not positive but I would not think it makes a difference how the data is downloaded to GS.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X