eSignal and Tradestation 2000i, Configure the Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal and Tradestation 2000i, Configure the Plug-in

I have just updated my GlobalServer with Service Pack 5 to use it with eSignal and my version is now the required 5.00.0822.
    And I have installed the plug-in.

But now I have other problems:
    1. configuration of the Plug-in: when I want to download data from eSignal, I get the error message: "A critical error occurred in GlobalServer, Shutting down". So I can't download any data.

2. When I go on the button view in my GlobalServer, at my dataFeed Settings only DBC Online is activated. eSignal Plugin is deactivated.

3. I can't add European stocks in my GlobalServer (Add Symbols from Dictionary)

Has anyone experiences with eSignal and TS2000i?

Could anyone help me with my problems?

Re: eSignal and Tradestation 2000i, Configure the Plug-in

wop
    1 . See this thread
    2. As far as I know that is normal. You only specify the settings for the eSignal feed. As to configuring the Plugin you do that from File-> Download from eSignal...
    3. If I remember correctly the Symbol Universe that was provided with SP5 [which is for the most part out of date anyhow] did not include European stocks so you would have to enter these manually
    You may want to read through this forum as many of the issues related to TS2k, GlobalServer and the Plugin have been discussed at length before by myself and other users
    Alex

Originally posted by *wop*
    I have just updated my GlobalServer with Service Pack 5 to use it with eSignal and my version is now the required 5.00.0822.
    And I have installed the plug-in.

But now I have other problems:
    1. configuration of the Plug-in: when I want to download data from eSignal, I get the error message: "A critical error occurred in GlobalServer, Shutting down". So I can't download any data.

2. When I go on the button view in my GlobalServer, at my dataFeed Settings only DBC Online is activated. eSignal Plugin is deactivated.

3. I can't add European stocks in my GlobalServer (Add Symbols from Dictionary)

Has anyone experiences with eSignal and TS2000i?

Could anyone help me with my problems?

Comment

TS2ki and eSignal

Thanks Alexis,

I have copied the dbcapi.dll from the eSignal folder into the windows/system32 folder, and the download works (and renamed the one into dbcapi.old).

As to your answer regarding adding European stocks only manually, could you please show me an example for entering these stocks manually, e.g. BASF.

Regards,

Alfred

Comment

Re: TS2ki and eSignal

Alfred
        You can find a detailed set of instructions on how to manually add symbols in GlobalServer's Help
        Alex

Originally posted by *wop*
        Thanks Alexis,

I have copied the dbcapi.dll from the eSignal folder into the windows/system32 folder, and the download works (and renamed the one into dbcapi.old).

As to your answer regarding adding European stocks only manually, could you please show me an example for entering these stocks manually, e.g. BASF.

Regards,

Alfred

Comment

Working...
        X