which IB plugin I should use for eSignal 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which IB plugin I should use for eSignal 8.0

My computer has crashed and need to install eSignal again.

I am still using eSignal 8 and have installed it again already. However, I am not sure which version of IB plugin I should use.

Should I use ibbridge.2127.exe??

Richard,

Sorry to hear about your machine crashing. To be able to using the Interactive Broker Bridge with eSignal you should be on version 10.6.2224 of eSignal and the late IB bridge (1.2.2127). Please let us know if you need any assistance with getting back up and running.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery,

Your advice below is to use eSignal 10.

However, I have been using eSignal 8 and IB Plugin for many months. So I want to check which IB Plug-in I can use if I keep on using eSignal 8.

The reason why I still use version 8 is that my EFS can't be used in eSignal 10/11 directly. I have difficulty converting them to work in the latest version as I am not so fluent in EFS.

Would you please advise which IB Plugin version is the latest which still support eSignal 8?

Also, is it possible that I send out my existing EFS (written for eSignal 8) and someone from eSignal can check how to convert it to eSignal 11?

Comment

Richard,

Our present Trading Ingration plug-ins would not work with any versions prior to eSignal 10.5. I'll check our logs and get back to you.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery,

I want to change my eSignal 8.0 EFS to work in the latest version.

Is there any document explaining how to convert?

Richard

Comment

Hey Richard,

Sorry for the delay, you should not have to make any code changes for your EFS files to work in the new version of eSignal 11. The only think that you would need to do is move th files to the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Interactive Data\Formulas\My Formulas directory so that you can access them.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery,

I got below error message:
              //psf/Home/Documents/Interactive Data/Formulas/Intraday EMA levels 10 min.efs, line 430: Error: Function 'efsInternal': Failed to open file '\\psf\Home\Documents\Interactive Data\FunctionLibrary\amStudies.efsLib'. Please specify a correct file location

However, I check the availability of the file again. It is present at:
              \\psf\Home\Documents\Interactive Data\FunctionLibrary

So I have no idea why it can't be found.

I am running Windows 7 inside Parallels Desktop on my Mac.

Comment

Richard,

We've tested the EFS you're using with eSignal 11.3 and were not able to duplicate the reported error message.

Since our environment is not get up for a Mac I cannot say if it is or is not the cause.

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X