11.2 Integrated Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.2 Integrated Trading

MM Planner may be helpful to some, but not to me. Stop and profit targets should be on the Order Ticket. Reason: they cannot be determined in advance; they depend on the confidence you feel in the chart situation developing before you.

Here, here.

It only makes sense if you're part of a development staff who doesn't trade for a living.

And I've said this one once before:

As a futures day trader scalping in a fast market (Crude futures), when I want to reverse, it's going to be right off of either the stop or target by oversupplying that side in relation to my current position quantity. There is often NO TIME to close the current order and initiate a new one. You simply oversupply and then immediately start adding to the reversal's stop/target quantities based upon the number of contracts taken in on the reversal (whether it's a partial or full amount).

Also, when I add to a current trade, I want to have the current target and stop adjusted up by the contracts added. I don't want additional stop/target lines to separately manage. You try that in the CL futures contract and let me know how that goes for you in comparison to my way. What a nightmare.
    Last edited by SteveH; 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Agreed. V11.2 looks like a programmer's idea of what we need, rather than a trader's.
      I miss the feature in V10.6 which showed bid/ask on the chart when you clicked either "Buy" or "Sell". That showed immediately whether the market was liquid or not. Wide spread, little action.
      I also miss the feature in V10.6 which allowed you to personalise the Interval Bar. I set up mine with 15, 60, D and W. Then I could change the interval of my chart with just one click. But V11.2 requires two clicks AND every interval you've ever looked at, even if only once, is shown in the list. Daft.
      OK I can understand the service needs to be re-programmed from time to time, and, yes, frames can be more easily re-positioned with V11.2. But why can't they keep the functionality the same as before!! Trading is difficult enough without people fiddling with your tools.
      I've gone back to V10.6 though I suppose some little Hitler will take it away from me eventually.

Comment

I can't understand developers - how can you launch product with lower funcionality than previous version ??? Do like other decent developers - launch alfa, closed beta, open beta and ONLY after that launch a product. For me it's like ABC in this business, but not the developers, obviously.

Comment

Working...
        X