Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Trade for Stop and take Profit

Hi,
    I am new to Forex and eSignal. I am trying to do paper trading but struggling. If I just want to do an entry with a limit to take the profit and a stop loss to protect it, what settings do I have on the trade window? I want to trade £10 per PIP for example.
    Do I use the StopLoss and TakeProfit on the bracket type? This seems to make sense but when I action it it does not appear to give me the results I am looking for. What are the Limit Price and Stop Price on the left of the Order Ticket, against the Stop and Take on the right?

HAL402,

I'm not sure I completely understand your question and please let me know if I'm going down the wrong road with the answer.
    If you're using the Trade Manager to place the order you have a couple of option for setting up the brackets.

1- Add the Backet Order function to the top of the trade manager window, (Right click in the trade manger and select Format Window, put a check mark in "Show Bracket Settings".

2- In the Order Ticket select TakeProfit and StopLoss from the dropdown menu and set the tick value for Take Profit and StopLoss. Here's an Order ticket for a Limit long position of 10,000 EURO (EUR A0-FX) with a stoploss 25 pip below the entry price and a take profit at 75 pips above.
    The Limit and Stop Prices on the left of the Order ticket are two of three different Order Types you would use to execute your order.
    The three order types or Limit Order, Market Order and Stop Order. In eSignal 11 a forth order typeStopLimit Order was added.

3- In you have set tick value that you'll use for each trade you can set them in advance in the Order Default (Trade-->eSignal Paper Trading-->Order Defaults)

With each of the options when the order is placed the backets will be associated with that order.

The last thing you need to remember is the Bracket Order will not show up on the Trade Manager window or chart until after the initial order has been filed.

Hopefully this help.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X