winrose.exe doesn't exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winrose.exe doesn't exist

Spontaneously yesterday afternoon IB's TWS started reporting this error on launching, saying it can't start eSignal because winrose.exe doesn't exist. I'd just upgraded to eSignal 11.6 that morning. Reinstalling v 6 didn't fix it, reinstalling TWS didn't, ibbridge, also rolling back to eSig 11.5 and then finally reinstalling eSig 10 because that's the data manager being used, right?

Anyway I'm back on eSignal 11.6 now. The upshot seems to be TWS can't use eSignal's data anymore, but all the important functions still seem to be working--orders, stops, MMS functions.

Checked the program files, winrose is in there. Why is TWS suddenly unable to see it?

Thanks

We experienced the same issue here. Working with Interactive Broker Support we found the problem to be with the newer version of Java. To resolve the issue you'll need to downgrade Java to 7.15 (link below). It is also recommended that you download both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

Here are the steps take to resolve the issues.
    1- Uninstalling any version of Java you have on your machine.
    2- Once Java is uninstalled reboot the computer to remove any remnants
    3- Confirm you're using the latest version of eSignal. If not it's available here.
    4- Confirm you're using the latest STANDALONE version of TWS (937) available here.
    5- Manually install BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions of Java Runtime Environment list below

First installation
    Java (64 Bit System)

Second installation
    Java (32 Bit System)

After Java installation reboot computer.

If you've previously configured TWS to use eSignal Data you should now be able to launch TWS without any further issues.

For new installations follow the steps in this Knowledge Base article for configuring TWS to use eSignal Data.

Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone 510.264.1700 opt. 2 for Technical Support.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery, downgrading java did it. Seems a small miracle to me that eSignal broker integration works at all. Don't know how you stay on top of it. Best.

Comment

Now that there's been updates to both TWS and eSignal has the java incompatibility been addressed? I keep dismissing the java update notification, but is it now ok to install it? Thanks

Comment

Hello dr.1990,

Originally posted by dr1990 View Post
          Now that there's been updates to both TWS and eSignal has the java incompatibility been addressed? I keep dismissing the java update notification, but is it now ok to install it? Thanks
          Yes you can update your Java. Once completed confirm that you have TWS set to "Run as Administrator" in the Compatibility tab of the Properties window.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery

Comment

Working...
            X