chart trading and Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chart trading and Interactive Brokers

Hi, bought new pc, all configured, contracts mapped, but cant trade from the chart - "New order" option selection from menu inactive. Strangely enough I can place order this way:clicking not on the chart, but from applications trade menu: Trade->new trade and then it places order in interactive brokers. Weird for me.

There are a couple of reasons for this. Most likely you are not getting data in eSignal from TWS which is needed to active the trade buttons and give you the correct trading option when you use the right click, New Order menu.

If you don't subscribe to data from Interactive Broker and want to use eSignal data instead you'll need to configure TWS to do so. Otherwise you'll need to make sure you have Interactive Broker set as the Trading Default Connection for whatever instrument your trading.

Try these things and let me know if it corrects the problem.

Originally posted by skirmantas View Post
    Hi, bought new pc, all configured, contracts mapped, but cant trade from the chart - "New order" option selection from menu inactive. Strangely enough I can place order this way:clicking not on the chart, but from applications trade menu: Trade->new trade and then it places order in interactive brokers. Weird for me.

Best Regards,
    AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

yes, TWS is configured to take esignal data and in trading default connections i chose IB( previously it was asigned to esignal papertrading, but changing didn't help).

UPDATE: seems this configuration is time consuming to change - i reran both IB and esignal couple of times without effect and after I replied I checked - it works. Seems it takes tooo long for changes to get live. GLad I still understand how to do it and I'm not a dummy ;-)
      Last edited by skirmantas; 03-28-2014, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you were able to get everything working. One other thing to keep in mind when making changes to the trade setting. Before the changes take affect the symbol in the chart/trade manager must be change to something other than the one currently displayed and then back again.

I also found that version 943 of TWS will cause the bid and ask buttons and lines not to appear on the eSignal charts. So I encourage you to please use verion 936 when possible.

Thank you,
        AveryH
        eSignal Support

Originally posted by skirmantas View Post
        yes, TWS is configured to take esignal data and in trading default connections i chose IB( previously it was asigned to esignal papertrading, but changing didn't help).

UPDATE: seems this configuration is time consuming to change - i reran both IB and esignal couple of times without effect and after I replied I checked - it works. Seems it takes tooo long for changes to get live. GLad I still understand how to do it and I'm not a dummy ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X