Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone successfully use IB and are able to view P/L and MM Strategy on eSignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone successfully use IB and are able to view P/L and MM Strategy on eSignal?

My eSignal trial is ending in a couple days, so I'm just wondering if any users out there are successfully using Interactive Brokers and trading with eSignal...
    and if so, are you able to view P/L on the charts and on the Trade Manager? as well as use the MM Strategy on the trade manager?

If you are able to do these things, please let me know your setup because I see a few posts that people have the same issue I have (not seeing P/L when using IB with esiganl).

I'm using eSignal 12 and the latest TWS. (But I also tried it on an older TWS).
    I have two IB accounts; and when I launch TWS, I just make sure I select just 1 account.
    I setup the data feed properly and verified the signal connection in TWS.

Hopefully this is possible
    Thanks

If you have two IB accounts you can not use the MMS Strategy, I found out it's for single account holders only regardless if you only select one of the two accounts. I had to close one account with IB and when I did the MMS strategy was functional again.

Other than that I think IB and esignal work well together, I can view P/L on charts and Trade Manager.

Jim

Comment

Thanks morpheous.
      I appreciate that.
      When you had two accounts, were you able to view P/L still?
      I can't see the P/L either? I guess I can live without the MMS since the market makers seem to see our stops and knock us out anyway. lol.
      but really need the P/L, but most likely that doesn't work with multiple accounts either.

Comment

Hi DannyShane,

The profit/loss information is based on data eSignal received back from TWS. It will not matter if you have a single account or FA type account. If you're not receiving quote data (bid/ask) in TWS either because you're not subscribed or have not configured TWS to use eSignal data the profit and loss will not appear for you.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Originally posted by DannyShane View Post
        Thanks morpheous.
        I appreciate that.
        When you had two accounts, were you able to view P/L still?
        I can't see the P/L either? I guess I can live without the MMS since the market makers seem to see our stops and knock us out anyway. lol.
        but really need the P/L, but most likely that doesn't work with multiple accounts either.

Comment

Working...
        X