Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving the Broker plugins

Hi Everyone,

7.2 is being wrapped up. For the next release, among many other things, we're going to be doing some cleanup work for the next release.

Over the last few months, there have been requests for improvements on the broker plugins. We'd appreciate your using this forum to create a centralized feedback area on what we can do to improve the integrated trading in eSignal.

Integrated Trading being the PaperTrading, CyberCorp, IB, OptionsExpress, and other modules as they become available.

That being said, let the games being - bring on the feedback

Thanks, Matt.
    Matt Gundersen

Broker Plugins...

Matt,

My suggestion is to create a "suite" of functions that allow users to poll, query and execute trades based on the status of the system.

For example...

We would need to be able to access..

Last Cleared Trade
    Current Position (Long Short, and by how many shares/contracts).
    Current Open Positions and types (stop limits, limits).
    Trade Accumulated Data (winners,loosers,profits,losses,win/loss ration for x number of trades).

I'll add more as I find a need for them...

The other important thing is to be able to place, modify and cancel/re-enter supporting trades.

For example, let's say our system triggers a long entry. We would also want to place a stop order (Stop Limit) and potentially a profit target order (Sell Limit). Now, a few bars later, we want to modify our stop order and potentially our PT order, we would then want to cancel these order and re-enter new stop and profit target orders. We need a way of handling this effectively.

one other very important thing is....

Crash recovery. Let's assume we are trading our system and esignal crashes. We need to be able to restart our esignal app and our EFS file and "pick up where we left off". Thus, we need to be able to id the last trading action, stops and profit target orders, prices and types, then begin to modify those values "on the fly".

The last thing that I would like to request is "Multiple account" trading features. Let's say that I have three systems I want to trade the e-mini with. Well, I can't have one system cancel out another systems order or I would have complete caos. I would want to be able to direct system 1 to trade on account xxxxx11, system 2 to trade on account xxxxx12 and system 3 to trade on account xxxxx13. Right now, this is a dream wish, but I know that users will need this and it makes complete sense to be able to support it.

This, being my first reply of many, is probably not the only suggestions you'll receive from me.

Your buddy,

Vinny (B)
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X