Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activate Charts from Trigger Alert List

Hi All,

I haven't made a request in quite a while. I hope you're all doing well.

Anyway, a while back I asked whether it was possible to activate a chart from the trigger alert list window. Duane, tried to see whether it was possible from the quote window, however it wasn't possible. He mentioned that he would propose the idea to the developers.

In anycase can someone tell me if its possible to click on the symbol from the trigger alert list and bring up the respective chart? This may be exactly what I asked for in the begining but I can't find that thread. I have attached an image of the trigger alert list, although I'm sure you all know what it looks like.

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Here is one way to link an alert stock to a chart. Using this one quote page I found in the eSignal samples, I enter a symbol, set the alert, then set the "S" icon at top right of masthead area to the same color. Whenever I click on that symbpl, the chart changes to that symbol. Is this the kind of thing you are looking for?
    Attached Files
    Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

I'm afraid its not quite the thing I'm looking for. Bascially, in each of my efs's I have request an alert when a certain event occurs. In this particular case I have requested that an the trigger window appear when there is an 'elders up' or an 'elders down', and other alerts, every 30mins. Now, if there is an alert for a symbol I would then go to "Windows" in esignal and then select those charts where there was an alert shown in the trigger list.

I'm currenting monitoring about 30 charts and if I were to get an alert for each and every one of them you can imagine what a pain it is selecting them through "Windows". Therefore, it would make my life easier if I could simply click on the symbol, for example, in the Trigger Alert List and have esignal bring up the chart for that symbol. However, I'm not sure if its possible with this version of esignal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Carlton.

P.S.

I should point out that when I hover my mouse over some symbols in the Trigger Alert List it does change, so I think something can be done.

Comment

Hi

Is there any solution for the request made by Carlton long back. I too have the same problem. Will it be possible? Please advice.

Asker

Comment

Hello Asker,

This feature does not currently exist. It may be possible to add something like this to a future version. Please feel free to submit a suggestion to our development team at IDEAS.

In the mean time, what you can do when an Alert occurs, is press Alt, W, W in succession (not at the same time). This will bring up the list of windows in your page or layout. Scroll through the list until you find the chart you want to view, which will have the symbol and interval listed in the name. Highlight it and click the "Activate" button. This will bring the chart to the foreground. Hope this helps.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello guys,

I have returned to trading.

Many years ago, (see below) I asked the question concerning Triggered Alerts.

At the time it was suggested the feature I requested wasn't available, however the suggestion was going to be placed in IDEAS.

The thing is, I can't remember how I managed to get a efs into the Triggered Alert List in the first place!

Therefore, I was wondering if someone could show me how to get the attached efs into a triggered alert list. The EFS is based on Bill M. Williams Market Facilitation Index (MFI). The only trigger I would like is when the MFI turns green.

I'm sure if one of you guys could just point me in the right direction I might be able to sort it out. I just can't remember how I got the efs in the Triggered Alert List in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Carlton

P.S.

I will post this question on a new thread.....
            Attached Files

Comment

EFS in Triggered Alert List

Hello guys,

Many years ago, I asked the question concerning Triggered Alerts.

At the time it was suggested the feature I requested wasn't available, however the suggestion was going to be placed in IDEAS.

The thing is, I can't remember how I managed to get a efs into the Triggered Alert List in the first place!

Therefore, I was wondering if someone could show me how to get the attached efs into a triggered alert list. The EFS is based on Bill M. Williams Market Facilitation Index (MFI). The only trigger I would like is when the MFI turns green.

I'm sure if one of you guys could just point me in the right direction I might be able to sort it out. I just can't remember how I got the efs in the Triggered Alert List in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Carlton
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X