Best/Recommended/Preferred Stop And Reverse (SAR) Trade Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Recommended/Preferred Stop And Reverse (SAR) Trade Logic

The examples given for SAR systems have been very basic, typically in an if x strategy long, else if y strategy short approach. This may be fine for an indicator or even for backtesting but it doesn't appear sufficient for an actual trading system. Assuming that a SAR system needs to 1) know if the system is already in a trade and 2) exit any positions before entering new ones, can anybody help me with the proper approach? I don't want to reinvent the wheel (SAR isn't exactly a new concept) and I don't want to screw this up. I don't necessarily need it coded out (unless you want to ...) but I would like some help with the structure/format.

Thanks for any assistance.

Need help . . . let me know

I just finished coding a long term trading system and I have most of my functions written in a reusable manner. When the author of the program gives me permission, I will post it up on my file share folder, Arbifox Trading.

My next projects is a short term scalper, but I want to test the long-term on IB first and see how that works before working with a shorter term program.

That being said, if you need help, I will be more than happy to share the nature of my work time permitting. Just contact me at [email protected], or just post here, I read this once a week.

Thomas.

Comment

SAR code

http://www.dynaorder.com/esExamples/doSimpleReverse.asp has a simple sar system you might find useful

Comment

Working...
      X