Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Trading ES through IB

Hello,
    I am trying to use eSignal's Integrated Trading to trade the ES future with Interactive Brokers. I am using the latest build of TWS and the 1.2.1112.808 IB plugin.

My issue when I try to buy a ES contract, I get the message "The security "ES" is not available or allowed for this account. If the security should be available, contact customer service."

I'm pretty sure this error is coming from IB, but if I go directly into TWS and enter ES as my underlying, and select futures, March, 2008, and then click Trade, I am able to purchase a contract just fine. I have tried this using IB's demo account and my Simulated Account and I get the same results.

I will also add that I used the instructions in this thread to add the ES H8 symbol in the dictionary, which comes up as:

ES-FUT-USD-200803:GLOBEX

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I'm trying to submit orders on the weekend. The IB Demo account is pretty much active all the time so it doesn't care that the market isn't really open. I'm not sure if eSignal has any issues with it. I am able to trade stocks on the demo system with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Mark

I figured it out. I had to set the default route for Futures orders to Globex. It wouldn't work with SMART.

Comment

Hi

Sorry I did not respond sooner. Have been away and not had access to my email.

I am glad you managed to sort out your problem.

Kind regards
      Andy

Comment

Working...
      X