Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euronext data price increase

I received this email today from customer service:
    ** According to our records, you are currently subscribing to the Euronext: Equities and Index Derivatives Level I. The Euronext exchange has notified us that, as of July 1, 2008, the following name and price changes will take effect:
    Professional
    Current Name: Euronext: Equities and Index Derivatives Level I
    Current Price: USD45.00 per access device / month
    New Name: LIFFE Equity and Index Derivatives BBO I
    New Price: USD54.00 per access device / month
    Non-Professional
    Current Name: Euronext: Equities and Index Derivatives Level I
    Current Price: USD45.00 per access device / month
    New Name: LIFFE Equity and Index Derivatives BBO I
    New Price: Price remains USD45.00 per access device / month **
    ======================================
    Looks like it's time to move to cash forex - free charts, no commission, no exchange fees, no continual price increases. I do like eSignal a lot, even with it's problems, but it is just getting too expensive to trade this way. (NYMEX just went up past $5,000 margin on a MINI Crude!).

Euronext fees

Can't say I'm keen of fee increases myself but I believe Euronext's fees are still less than the CME. Either way there is no such thing as a free lunch. If the cash forex markets don't charge you for charts and exchange fees they'll get their money via spreads, etc.

Comment

biggie fries and a drink

You are right - no free lunch. But I should be able to get a biggie fries and a drink for these prices. ; ) ...
      ps: Plus, after yesterdays congressional hearing on energy all the small retail "bad speculators" will be margined out of the energy market. (LOL, I'd rather short the cr*# anyway, especially with the funds unloading their inventory)... re: CME - I see they are acquiring the NYMEX. Thanks for your reply. Successful trading, Ken.
      Last edited by kenz987; 06-04-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Euronext price increases

Absolutely, and its not like the customer (i.e. traders) have gotten anything extra in return for the increased fees. If we had you could partly understand the increases. I see the increased fees as their way of recovering the money they've lais out for the various mergers.

Re: energy - Once again government passes the blame. Maybe if they had a more responsible and logical alternate energy policy the western world would still be so dependent on oil. But again, it all comes down to money between the the relevant parties and the government - believe in the US its called the "Iron Triangle".

Comment

kenz987, eurotrader1,

just want to let you know that we mistakenly quoted an incorrect price for the Euronext Equities and Index Derivatives for Non-Professionals in the notification email you are referring to in your first thread.

The current rate for the Euronext Equities and Index Derivatives is US $2 per month and there will be no change to the current price for the service.

Apology for any confusion this may have caused.
          Christine B.
          eSignal

Comment

Working...
          X