Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three questions.

Concerning the daily charts of any of the major indexes:

1) When was the last time we saw a similar trend (you won't have to look back too far)?

2) How long did that trend last?

3) How did it end?

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't be terrified.

Here we go . . .

The last time was a trend finishing on 4/26, lasted 56 days starting on 2/5/10, where the current trend is 55 days.

The outcome . . . the market went down quicker than Paris Hilton at any after-party . . .

T

Comment

Thanks, but you didn't tell me why I shouldn't be terrified.

I hope you're making money today, Thomas.

Michael.

ps. on back-testing, my Donchian algorithm made over $4K on the flash-crash. Personally, I hope I don't experience it for real.

Comment

some pressure has to be taken out . . .

I would not say that you should not worry, some pressure needs to be taken out. When exactly? That is the million dollar question. If I knew for sure, I would just buy puts now on the major indicies.

Trading today, 2 losses and I am out. Just too erratic, and in classic fashion, my fourth trade was the first winner.

Right now I am knee deep in testing on Version 8 of my program, which has already exceeded the results of Version 7, and I think I have about 2 weeks of testing to go.

So far so good, just happy to be back on the horse, I will start live trading again on 12/6.

How is your trading going well, are you trading live?

Comment

Today's trading

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually doing well today, 3 winners, 1 small loser. Currently in a short that's doing well.

This stochastic algorithm works will in this market (last 2-3 weeks). It's lousy elsewhere, but okay here.

Cheers

Comment

last trade of the day

Did manage to get a 5.4 winner at the end of the day, and the new version of the system was rather positive today.

Just a matter of adding enough filters to the system that take out the crap at the beginning of the day and leave room for the good trades at the end of the day.

Yaaay . . .

Comment

Working...
            X