Double bottoms with MACD divergence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double bottoms with MACD divergence

Hi does anyone out there use double bottoms or tops with a divergent MACD indicator to trade? This is what I personally use to trade and was seeing if anyone else has had any luck trading this way.

What I've done...

I've created a divergence system for Stochastics. Maybe I could convert it to MACD?? I'll have to give it a try.

I have a friend who has developed a book about his theories about Sto divergences and patterns. He is trying to market it and I'm trying to help. He may be able to shed some light on this subject.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Brad

I'm interested to both: the one you have already available and the one you will develop.

You have it on your site?

BTW do you remeber the 30"/40" LCD issue we talked while ago?

Any news from your side ? For I have some from mine but in someway I need your support..

Thanks.

Fabrizio
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

MACD

Hi, I'm also interested in both systems you have. Also does your friend have the book written yet? I would be interested in buying it. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Systems and book...

OK guys. Let me see what I can accomplish over the next few days. These are proto-type systems that I have been working with. I have to add the MACD to the divergence system and clean it up a bit (document it).

As far as the book, I will contact my friend and ask him to post a message here. He has got some really cool things in it. I have a "pre-editor" copy and think it will do really well. He contacted me to write the code for his system and make it available to users.

Brad
          Brad Matheny

Comment

Divegence

Hi have you had any luck in writing the code for divergence of the MACD indicator yet?

Comment

Here is my first attempt...

It includes both divergence and convergence of MACD.

You can look it over and let me know if you have any questions.

Brad
              Attached Files
              Brad Matheny

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Double bottoms with MACD divergence'

Hi I tried downloading the file but I can't open it.
                What am I doing wrong?

--- [email protected] wrote:
                > Hello Dynomac,
                >
                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                >

Comment

Downloading...

Click on the link below to begin the download process.

A new window will appear asking if you want to SAVE it or OPEN it.

Click on OPEN.

This will open my file into eSignal - where you can see the code.

Now, move your mouse to the top-left corner of the EDITOR (code) window and click on the SAVE AS icon (the little black disk with the down-right arrow in it).

Now, save the file into the C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas directory.

After you have done this, you can close the EDITOR window.

Now to open the file, right-click on any Adv. Chart, then click on FORMULAS, then find the "MENT MACD Div.efs" file.

That should do it.

Brad
                  Brad Matheny

Comment

Sto Divergence Book...

My friends name is ....

Dennis Buffy

His email address is...

[email protected]

Tell him that I sent you to him and that you heard of his book on the esignal BB.

I have a copy of the book and it is very good. It teaches you you to find "setups" that can be very profitable.

Good luck to all...

Brad
                    Brad Matheny

Comment

Brad, I have the attached formula that should identify MACD divergences, but something is wrong with it (misses signals). It is supposed to change background color when within the last 20 bars a) price makes a higher or equal high while the MACD makes a lower high, or b) price makes a lower or equal low while the MACD makes a higher low.

Although it misses a lot of signals, the code gives an example of a different approach. If you have any interest and happen to get this working, I'd sure like to give it a try.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Lancer; 08-19-2003, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Help me out...

What is it that you are trying to accomplish with this code..??

I loaded it, but don't see anything. I'm assuming it should be doing something??

Brad
                        Brad Matheny

Comment

Well, I spoke too soon...

Check the history of your chart (scroll backward).

It appears that you code it doing something... I see yellow and blue bars in the indicator window.

Now, let's get it doing what you want... I'll add a few debugging lines and check the code for you.

Brad
                          Brad Matheny

Comment

Try This...

After a quick scan of the code... I noticed that you were not returning any values. Then I noticed that you were using the "ref" function to calc the Highest high and Lowest low...

Well, this will present a problem.. You have to return a value for "ref" to work. So I added a return line and returned the MACD variable.

Try this and let me know if you still need more help.

Brad
                            Attached Files
                            Brad Matheny

Comment

Hi Brad. I have been looking for a double top/double bottom scan and I just found your post all be it an old one. I got the following error message:

/Interactive Data/Formulas/Jef/macddiv_6-13-4_nb.efs, line 32: Error: Function 'callFunction': Faild to open file '\Helpers\HH.efs': file not found.

Help please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X