Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Determining Price Move

Hello Esignal Member

I've returned to trading and have put together a spreadsheet to help me choose how many shares to trade based on what I'm willing to risk on any one trade.

It is a very very simple spreadsheet, and I'm sure those willing to help will wonder why I'm used some of the formulas to make certain calculations. Bottom-line I'm a novice compared to you guys.

Anyway, in the attached example you will see that if I bought if I were to risk $10 to purchase IBM shares I would need to purchase 4 shares at $24.25. For this risk I hope to gain $27. So on any one trade I don't want to risk any more than $10 and I hope to gain $27 if the trade reaches my target price of
    $12.81.

So, the above explains what the spreadsheet sets out to achieve.

Now, I would like to know if its possible to add a column that would allow to fix a percentage of the amount I wish to achieve ($12.81)?

I hope that is a clear enough explanation

Basically, I figured out how to add a fixed amount of how much I'm willing to lose on any trade ($10 excluding commissions of $12) and a fixed amount I'm hoping to gain on any trade ($27 including commissions of $12) and I would like help in determining if its possible to add a fixed percentage amount above $6.06 I would need to get $12.81.

You have to bear in mind that the number of shares is a moving target because during the trade the price of the stock, IBM can go up or down which will affect the the number of shares plus the cost of the shares cell L2

I will understand if you come back to me and say its not possible.

Cheers
    Attached Files
Working...
X