hosting eSignal on an internet server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hosting eSignal on an internet server

I have an EFS program that I'm using to autotrade quite a simple EFS script and I want to host eSignal and TWS (Interactive Brokers platform) on some sort of internet server / cloud server so it's always online even when my computer isn't. I used to use rackspace but I was wondering if anyone had any better hosting sites that are cheaper or better. Also, the better hosting sites I've found only use linux. Has anyone found a way to run eSignal on a Linux server or is there another better solution?

Cheers,

Crawfells.

Just curious, how are you autotrading with an EFS script when there is no way through the EFS API to get the order and execution statuses of the trades you intend to enter?

The only way I would know how to do it would be for the EFS to signal another program to manage the trade on your behalf and send you back order execution and status information. I do it by sending the buy/sell signals out via DDE objects to a C# program and send info back to the EFS via a shared DLL on the position / order information.

Comment

I'm using a simple crossover system that is either long or short and using market orders so it can operate without feedback. It's not ideal not having any feedback but it works ok on very simple systems. Is that what you mean?

Can I ask what the programs are that you've mentioned? I'd like to use something a bit more error proof if there's something out there available.

For vps: I've found www.speedyservers.com. From my research they seem to be a great option for futures traders. I'll be signing up with them unless anyone has a better alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
        The only way I would know how to do it would be for the EFS to signal another program to manage the trade on your behalf and send you back order execution and status information. I do it by sending the buy/sell signals out via DDE objects to a C# program and send info back to the EFS via a shared DLL on the position / order information.
        I apologize in advance for jumping in and please ignore if you like.

That is brilliant. I've been searching for something to overcome this serious limitation in eSignal. I'd have to learn C# but I'll have to consider it since moving to a different charting platform also requires a learning curve and re-writing of my current code.

Thanks for the tip.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
        X