Euro Day Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Day Trades

Ok, just want a few peoples views on the Euro today, been coming off recently and just wondering if anyone thinks we might get a bit of a bounce or do you think I'm trying to catch a falling knife???
    Attached Files

nothing seems to do this "bit" of bounce. Its more likely that we have a "bit" of correction today and fall further down. Even about 100 points lower from now - as I see it. Your bit of upside bounce would be pretty dangerous for the downtrend we have.
    Just keep in the trend partner.

cheers

Comment

Cheers for the thoughts, trying to get a few more people interested in FX as I like the speed at which it moves compared with stocks but not many people seem to be interested....

Comment

yes, this is wright, not many people (on esignal) are interested in forex. Dont know exactly why. I think that generally it is very hard market - only german DAX i that fast and "furious" like eur/usd for example. Maybe if we pay some more attention to this forum then more people will answer with interest.

good luck!

ps: watch for data in couple minutes, better stay of the market.

Comment

Know what you mean about the bloody DAX, jesus I hate that contract, lots of other products behave themselves but not EUREX products. Strange- they have all that volume but moving them is really difficult (ie-Bobl).
          I'm happy to post a few of my ideas/charts if you want to comment on them and post a few of your own!?! If nothing else at least one other person will be looking at them
          Good luck over the figure- Hmmm, whether to have a punt on it

Comment

see my post on "trading strategies" called "how to improve my system", there are some picks maybe usefull info for you.

Comment

Yeah, thanks, making me think a bit more now. Hmmm, really getting beaten by the euro today, got to work on my filters a bit more I think. Have been experimenting with the multi-time-frames for order entry or even just as a filter but you can still nab 20-30 ticks on a 15min when its counter-trend to the 60, 120, D charts, they tend to plug the holes that other positions blow in my account....
              Just waiting for the JPY to set up at the moment. Do you trade GBP/EUR? I really dont like it very much but am hammering away for my way into it.......

Note to self- Dont punt over figures

Comment

mostly I trade eur/usd - its my favorite I like to focus on one instrument. With index futures there is different situation because their is more correlation between them.

Check the soylent`s methods on the thread ("how to improve my system") with woodies CCI methodology examples. Very interesting. I am working under putting double CCI on the 5 min chart and throwing away stochastic from this chart. For now its working very well but the research just begun.

Comment

How do you double plot a CCI??? Also is woodies CCI different from CCI?? Do you need to subscribe to Woodies stuff????
                  I mainly concentrate on EUR/USD adn USD/JPY but also want to start looking at CHF (when I get a moment!!)

Comment

I plot two CCIs and display in one window (hold shift and drag one indicator to another). I took Soylent`s setups: one CCI is:
                    CCI(6,HLC/3) and slower CCI(14,HLC/3). These seems to be nice working.

I dont know if these are woodie`s setups, I ment that Soylent is learning at Woodies. I dont subscribe any of them, it is simple studie from basic studies. It seems reasonable to draw trendlines on the slower CCI and watch zero lines and 100/-100 horizontal lines.

I am fresh with CCI and just getting know how it works.

Comment

Guess I could see how good it filters out my mis-trades. When I place the two graphs together it doesn't scale correctly, it has 2 bars for +100 and two for -100. It seems that its calculating 2 different scales on the one graph........
                      Any thoughts??

Comment

click on edit studie nad check on first CCI and second CCI to "display right" and "display right" - it has to be checked in all indicators that you put in the same window!!! thats important to display correct scale.

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks guys, you've been a real help today!!!
                          Just wish you could've unplugged my trading program
                          Were you trading? Who do you use? What kinda spread on the Eur are they offering?

Comment

I use saxobank, they have standard spreads: on eur/usd its 4 to 5 points normally. Very fast and proffesional. I like it a lot.

Comment

I've been practising with Oanda.com they offer 2-3 pip on EUR and you can trade ANY size you like..... even as low as $1 which is always good for building up in good times and down in bad! I think they're really good and the best spreads I've ever seen too. Anyone else heard of them???

Comment

Working...
                              X