subscribing NIKKEI 225 index data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subscribing NIKKEI 225 index data

which exchange data should I subscribe to view NIKKEI 225 index realtime intraday charts and SGXNK futures data in eSignal? Thanks.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...&ib_entity=llc

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...&ib_entity=llc

Comment

I added "Osaka Securities Exchange and Indices, includes Nikkei Futures" to my eSignal subsription, why am I not able to view intraday charts of $N225-IDX? What is the symbol of NIKKEI 225 futures in eSignal? Thanks.

Comment

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...bol_format.asp

Comment

clearpicks
          To find the symbol for the Nikkei futures click here, then click the Futures link and then select Osaka Futures
          Alex

Comment

Is your Time Template set up for Osaka? If not, maybe you cant see the data cuz it is in another time area.

Comment

now I am able to watch intraday real time charts of NI225 Z5-OSM. However how can I view the intraday charts of NIKKEI 225 index? Thanks.

Comment

How can I configure the esignal to draw candles using the timestamp of osaka local time instead of my local time? I live on east coast. The daily candlestick charts seems weird due to the incorrect start and end time used to build candles.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Here is a link you may find helpful, however after I re-read your post, it does not appear to solve your issue.

Comment

When I watch the singapore and HK mkts, I change my pc clock to HK time. Currently HK is 13 hours agead of NY. BUt I think the pc knows this already.

Comment

Is $N225-IDX the correct symbol to use to view realtime NIKKEI 225 index (not futures quote)? If so, how can I view its intraday charts? Thanks.

Comment

clearpicks
                        The symbol for the index is $NI225-NKI
                        Alex

Comment

Alex,

Are you able to view its intraday charts?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                          clearpicks
                          The symbol for the index is $NI225-NKI
                          Alex

Comment

While it does appear in the Symbol Search Window, the symbol $NI225-NKI is not publicly available. We are not yet able to offer this real-time version of the Nikkei Index to customers, because we are awaiting "exchange approvals." Unfortunately, based on current estimates, we do not expect this symbol to be available any time soon.

The best Nikkei 225 index symbol is $N225-IDX which updates about every 1 hour or so and is part of the World Indices Package.

We also carry the Tokyo Stock Exchange as well as the Osaka Securities Exchange both carry ETFs that are based upon the Nikkei:

Osaka Securities Exchange - 1321-OSE (Nikkei 225 ETF)
                            Tokyo Stock Exchange - 1329-TSE (Nikkei 225 iShares)

In addition, futures on the Nikkei index trade on several futures exchanges:

Osaka Securities Exchange (OSM, home of Nikkei) - NI225 Z5-OSM
                            Singapore Futures Exchange (SGX, formerly SIMEX) - NI Z5-SI
                            Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) - NK Z5 or NKD Z5 (emini Nikkei)
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

>clearpicks

The Nikkei index updates only each minute, while
                              the futures contract is, of course, quoted trade
                              by trade. So the index tends to follow the futures.
                              In any event, you won't miss much by not being able
                              to view the index realtime as there is usually no more
                              than a 10 yen (1 futures tick) spread between them.

Comment

Working...
                              X