Ichimoku chart lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jason,
    Also, how could the efs be modified so that color of the Tenkan Sen(conversion line) changes to white when it is downward sloping, then back to blue, in my case, when it is upward sloping?

Comment

Hello TraderJen,

Absolutely. What you need to do is compare the current bar value for Tenkan to the previous bar's value as follows.

PHP Code:
      var nTenkan0 vDonchian.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS0);
      var 
      nTenkan1 vDonchian.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS, -1);
      if (
      nTenkan1 == null) return;

if (
      nTenkan0 nTenkan1) { // slope is up

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue0);
      } else { 
      // slope is down or flat

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.white0);

Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason,

could you show me where to insert that code into the below efs? have tried adding it but not sure where, and I keep getting syntax errors.

One last thing also, I'd like to have the efs do: to change the color of the cloud, so that when the green line (Senkou span A) is above span B, that the cloud be designated by green vertical lines; and conversely, when the magenta line (Senkou span B) is above span !, the cloud be designated by magenta vertical lines.

Thanks for all the support!

Comment

Hello TraderJen,

The code example I gave you should be the last routine in main just before your return statement.

For the cloud, looks like there is already a condition for changing that color. It's just using the same color for both conditions. See Color.grey in the section of code below. Just change the Color.grey to your desired colors.

PHP Code:
          if(SenkouA>vDonchian_5.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS))
          setBarBgColor(Color.grey,0,vDonchian_5.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS),SenkouA);
          if(
          SenkouA<vDonchian_5.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS))
          setBarBgColor(Color.grey,0,SenkouA,vDonchian_5.getValue(DonchianStudy.BASIS)); 
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

ichimoku correct interpretation of cross overs

Hi

Am wondering if any of you know of good literature on the correct use of this charting technique? or maybe you could clear up this point.

The diferent sources I know of say differnt things about the strength of the cross overs, but would this interp[retation be correct:-

"if there is a bearish cross over bellow KUMO this is a week signal, but if you get a bearish cross over above the kumo this is a strong bearish signal."
            and so therefore if that is correct it follows that;-
            if there is a bullish cross over bellow the kumo it is a strong buy and if the bullish cross over occurs above the kumo it is a week buy signal ? or is this all totally wrong ?

cheers

FKY

Comment

FKY,

You may want to read through the following article. This is one of the better descriptions I have found regarding the Kumo. After reading that, you may want to browse through this article from Stocks and Commodities magazine. It is a little more technical, but informative nonetheless. Have fun.

Comment

As a further question to this, how is it possible to show the cloud in advance of the present bar as shown on many of the tutorials as a thing to check?

Thanks
                Johnny H

Comment

You should get all you need from the Ichimoku thread . . . "waynecd" put a lot of work into this and even wrote all the alerts into the EFS . . . hope it helps.

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....Ichimoku/page6

tiktok

Comment

Working...
                  X