This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Leak and CPU Pegged @ 100%

Any update on when 6.0 will stop pegging my computer cpu @100% renderning it useless all the while it goes from using 30mb of memory to well over 1G and then eventually crashes my system?

Hi There,

Can you please review the comments from one of our livecharts users here.
    The suggestion to check/configure/remove a program called "Ad-Aware" may help.

Kind Regards,

Comment

First, Im not using Live Charts I'm using Qcharts

Second, I don't have Ad-Aware on the computer.

Third, the CPU pegging to 100% and memory leak (more like memory hog) are caused by Qcharts. As soon as it crashes and I send in a crash report my computer goes back to normal until I start it up again and go through the same scenario.

Comment

The memory issues are fixed in QCharts 6.0.3 which is due out in the next 30 days. There are also improvements to chart speed and other areas of the application.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

[The memory issues are fixed in QCharts 6.0.3 which is due out in the next 30 days. There are also improvements to chart speed and other areas of the application.]

I brought up the memory leak problem many months ago. Hard to believe it took all this time to fix it. I could have fixed it in several weeks even though I'm not intimate with your code. When I got no response to my assertions I suspected denial, and when that occurs I pull away, and don't post at all.

Comment

We;ve got another problem

6.0.2 is unusable at this time. The reason for this which actually is somewhat distinct from the memory leak problem, has to do with current exponential jump in tape atomic actions. When switching from one stock to another QC has to gather sufficient data for its parameter scope, yet this runs the pull into hundreds of megs per instance. Even if you have a 4 gig machine this will tax resources on but a few stocks resulting in unresponsiveness and thereby uselessness.

I have a solution to this burgeoning problem. However, I won't even bother going into the details of a solution until QC's designers acknowledge they understand this latest problem.

Comment

Working...
            X