I'd like to convert an indicator (Better Volume Indicator) to EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to convert an indicator (Better Volume Indicator) to EFS

I originally posted this in the suggested new indicators section - but it occurs to me now that it should have been posted here.

The code and the explanation can be found for free on the internet here:

http://emini-watch.com/free-stuff/volume-indicator/

I was hoping for some pointers on how to best convert to EFS the code contained in document (attatched) it's the formula written for TradeStation.

Another revision since I first posted in the wrong forum - I'm only interested in the Better Volume Indicator - so it's only the first part of the code that I'm concerned with.

I have some general questions about equivalent syntax. i.e. the efs equivalent of the cs code:

Condition2 = Value4 = Highest(Value4,Lookback) and C > O;

Any help is much appreciated,

gg
    Attached Files

gg

I'm by no means an expert nor do I know TradeStation coding but this code uses upvolume and downvolume (per their video) which to my understanding are not available in eSignal.

Hopefully someone else knows both codes and can help.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 07-08-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks Wayne...yeah...if that were true that would definitely bring the whole effort in question...and would explain why and EFS version hasn't been available ...

Comment

Better Volume for eSignal

Originally posted by gguindon View Post
        Thanks Wayne...yeah...if that were true that would definitely bring the whole effort in question...and would explain why and EFS version hasn't been available ...
        I have a Better Volume Indicator recoded for eSignal with Paint Bars

Comment

If it is not proprietary and you don't mind, would you post it or post where it can be purchased.

Wayne

Comment

Did anybody ever figure this out?

Comment

Visithttp://www.mctrading.cc/wprotected_login.php?r=t and you will receive a free Color Volume Indicator (based on the classic Better Volume Indicator, Yes now available for eSignal!).

Comment

Working...
              X