eSignal Premier connection to Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Premier connection to Ninja Trader

I have eSignal connected to Ninja Trader and I am subscribed to eSignal premier package with the waived bundled exchange fees with my broker.

When I try to open a gold chart "GC" with Ninja Trader I receive the following message.

Error on loading chart data for 'GC 05-10 Nymex' : Native error (-14) : You are not entitled for this service.

I also get a similar message when trying to open an oil chart "CL".

The support staff at Ninja tell me that this (the waived bundle) is not supported with Ninja.

So how do I trade Gold and Oil with Ninja Trader with a data feed connection with eSignal.
    Last edited by tass69; 04-26-2010, 04:19 PM.

Hi,

I suspect you may not be using our format for symbols. This article gives an overview of the fee waiver program and points you to the best source for symbols.

Once the symbols are correct, they "should" work in Ninja. The entitlements are the same as if you were paying for those services so Ninja wouldn't know the difference. Ongoing, the key thing is that you must use the eSignal app and connect to your broker via the trade manager. That's what verifies you are entitled to the fee waiver. From that point each month, doesn't matter whether you trade from eSignal or Ninja or any other compatible app. Reviewing the aforementioned article will be really helpful for you.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Scott

I am getting the exact same problem below as tass69. I changed the symbol map to GC #F=1 and am having trouble getting historical tick data for range charts.
      Also, the link to the article you provided below gives a 403 Forbidden message.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

That link works for me so try this one

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4452&p=1

or simply type in 4452 in the KB search box and it'll take you to that article.

Are you still having an issue with that symbol? Can you get the data you want w/in the eSignal app?

Thanks.

Comment

Correction - it does not work for real time data either. Nothing shows up - blank chart.

Hi Scott

The link works fine now - not sure if there was an issue with the site.

Anyway, i can map CL in Ninja to CL #F=1 which works fine for real time data, but i cannot get historical data. Is there a way to get around this without subscribing to a new data feed. Same with GC.

Thanks.
          Last edited by shadowfax; 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I think the simplest solution is to just give Tech Support a call and we'll check your account, confirm symbols in eSignal and help determine what the issue is.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X