C# and Desktop API example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C# and Desktop API example

I have downloaded the C#sample code sent to me by a member of the activex support group at esignal and opened the solution in Visual Studio 2010. The solution was converted without any problem. However, when I build the solution I get the following errors:
    Warning 2 Cannot get the file path for type library "9c7ccb46-e9e8-4ddd-9784-4458877c2f10" version 1.0. Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)) MultipleHistorySample
    Warning 3 The referenced component 'IESignal' could not be found.
    Error 1 The type or namespace name 'IESignal' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Dev\C#\Esignal Sample\Form1.cs 19 11 MultipleHistorySample

I can see from the solution explorer that I am missing a reference to an ActiveX component called IESignal. Where would it be located so that I can add it to my references?
    I also see the following line in the code: private IESignal.HooksClass esignal;

But I do not see any “using …..” statement that would inform the compiler of what IESignal is. Should there not be some statement to inform the compiler of what namespace the IESignal object is located in?

I pretty much understand all of the code that was sent to me. I am just missing that one last piece: Where the reference to IESIgnal would be. Since it is an activeX component I figured I could find a reference to it by trying to “Add reference” and then looking under the “COM” tab of the “Add Reference” dialog box. But the only thing I saw there were 2 type libraries, one called “eSignalSearch 1.0 Type Library” and one called “eSignalDiagnosticTool 1.0 Type Library”.

Where can I get the activeX component from? Is it something that should have been sent to when we purchased the Desktop API entitlement?

Thank you for your help

Henrick,

If you reference the eSignal executable and I'm pretty sure that will resolve the issues your having.

In your project please reference the winsig.exe file. (see below)

Project-->Add Reference-->Browse-->C:\Program Files\eSignal\winsig.exe.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finding IESignal reference for c# project

I have tried the suggestion to add WinSig.exe and was met with an error stating:
      A reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\eSignal\WinSig.exe' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assmbly or COM component.
      I've attached a screen shot. I hope it will show.

I know that I have access to the file as administrator.

Has anyone else encountered the problem of missing a reference to IESignal and solved it?

Does anyone have another suggestion or solution?

Thank you in advance

Comment

Working...
      X