Major problem with latest IB plug in, 2085

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problem with latest IB plug in, 2085

I installed the updated IB plug in, 2085, after close today. This AM I opened a position from the chart and discovered I could not close it. Finally got ou.

Then switched to paper trade account at IB and explored the issue. Many things were not right.

I reinstalled, 1988, and things seem to be OK now.

Problems:
    1. Cancel & Close from Order Ticket did not work
    2. When in a poisiton the usual line of the chart did not appear nor did it show up on Trade Manager
    3. Reverse was grayed out.
    4. Entering a stop showed up as a short.

I reinstalled the 2085, rebooted and the same.

I then uninstalled 2085, installed 1988 and now seems to be working again.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit with Java 6/21 and TWS, 908.

Clarification on my post.

I was trading from the charts with ORDER TICKET attached. What happened is this?

The CLOSE POSITION button did not send the order to TWS.

The charts did not show the line where the order was executed or where entered orders were.

The Trade Manager did not show the position entry or the red/green colored prices where in gain or loss.

Nobody has replied to this and I have called lthree times having been told someone would. Further I sent a personal message to a responsible person and that was not answered.

Another posting was answered but that is a very different issue.

I am now running the old version of the plug in.

Comment

IB Plugin 2085

Same problem here no lines for positions cannot close position. Had to roll back to 1988.

You guys really need to test these plugins basic QA would have caught these problems
      Simon Allen

Comment

We just tested the reported issues below with the new 1.2.2085 and other then issues with trying to close TWS while eSignal is open (eSignal is the data source) I was unable to duplicate the issues.

Please see the attached video.

Video

Quick questions;
        What type of instruments(symbols) are you trading?

The message tab in the Account Manager is a useful tool for finding out the status of orders. As well as the Pop Up Notifications. Do you recall getting any type of notifications that the order did or didn't go through.

Comment

Another user found the same issues that I did !!!!

Did you test it on a platform like mine?

I was not using eSignal as data for TWS (that does not work on 64 bit platforms per IB)

Windows 7, 64 bit, Java 6/21 (both 32 bit and 64 bit installed)

The applicaiton runs as administrator.

I am logged in as USER and NOT administrator.

Bear in mind, that I uninstalled and reinstalled both the plug in and TWS TWICE and the problem continued.
          Last edited by jgr; 09-29-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I would say our set up was similar to your, I'm using 32 bit Internet Explorer so I didn't download both version of Java. And unless you have both version of IE (64 and 32) you don't need both either.

I’m thinking this might just come down to symbol mapping. Try remapping the symbol and let me know if you get the same result.

When I did the first installation I did get an error on only the first trade. I attributed it to me using my Multi-user account and logged out. When I logged into my individual account there were no symbol and everything auto-mapped and all the trades went through without problem.

If you're willing I would install the bridge remove the symbols from the Symbol mapping and see if resolves your issue.

Comment

Working...
            X