Stock symbols changing on their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock symbols changing on their own

I continue to have trouble with stock symbols changing on their own. For example, currently I type in CLH and it brings up the CLH charts but it changes the symbol to OPRA:LULU 11J60.00, which is the LULU Oct 60 call. If I then go to another chart and then return to the CLH, it brings up instead the LULU call. Restarting QCharts does not help. Rebooting the computer does not help. Typing in CLH on another quotes sheet does not help. When will this bug ever be fixed? It has been going on for years! It also changed a QSII to the LULU call, but that was correctable. Typing in QSII now gives the QSII charts and symbol.
    No wonder I'm bald!

The symbol bleed issue is still alive and strong. Today I type in ES #F and it gives me X. I also type in NQ #F and it gives me X. So today I cannot get the e-mini futures which is my preferred method of knowing which way the market is going. Rebooting does not help. Alex or Jay or Jim or Bill, is anyone working on this problem? Any estimatiion of when it will be fixed?

Comment

symbol bleed

The next version of QCharts will not have this bug in it. In the mean time the only fix that works for this is to shut down the program, delete the TEMP folder and the compsyms2.inf out of the QCharts directory. Then start up the program again, let it fully load, shut it down, and then start it back up. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Okay, the next version of QCharts will not have this bug. When will this next version be released? Or in other words, how much longer do I have to put up with this problem?

Comment

qcharts release

We are working to have most if not all of the QCharts features added into eSignal 11, in version 11.5. This version should be released closer to the beginning of next year and will be basically considered the new version of QCharts. We will keep the current version around and supported as well.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Here is a useful project for somebody
            prior to this: clean up the historical data.

For example,
            1. take 100 of your most popular tickers.
            2. Download 10 years of 5 minute bars.
            3. Search for rows with 0,0,0,0

If you're not aware, this excercise will show you
            there is a ton of missing data.
            If it was cleaned up, I would be much more inclined to
            make this transition to a different product.

regards,
            alan

Comment

I removed said files below and the problem of changing ticker symbols persists. I have only had the problem for the past month. What's different now? I would welcome suggestions to remedy this problem. I now have to print out my ticker symbols nightly b/c who knows what will be left of it the next morning.

Thanks!

Comment

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you have to make sure that they are removed from both the normal directories and the Virtual Store directories
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

If you catch this soon after you log on you can re-select the workspace under the file menu without saving and it will correct the corrupted symbols.

I have had this issue for over 4 years with every version of Qcharts and XP and Windows 7.

Comment

Well, given how much we pay for Qcharts I find this problem unacceptable. I can only hope this will be fixed soon. I tried all the above fixes and still have to mess with changing the symbols nightly, a very time-consuming process. I have to print out the workspace regularly. In the meantime, do you have any other solutions to this issue? I run Windows XP and have had the problem for the past 6-8 months, but never before. Don't know what's different. Thank you!

Comment

As I stated above, the functionality of QCharts is moving over to our eSignal application. This is happening in our next major release of the program due to be released later this summer.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
                        The next version of QCharts will not have this bug in it. In the mean time the only fix that works for this is to shut down the program, delete the TEMP folder and the compsyms2.inf out of the QCharts directory. Then start up the program again, let it fully load, shut it down, and then start it back up. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.
                        I tried this suggestion and deleted the TEMP folder restarting as stated. I do not have a file called "compsyms2.inf" in my qcharts directory, or any where else on my hard drive. The closest file i have to that name in my Qhcarts directory is "compSyms.znf". Am I supposed to delete "compSyms.znf" or does Windows 7 intall not have the file "compsyms2.inf"?

Also, I am running Windows 7 and could you provide step by step directions on how to do the following...

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you have to make sure that they are removed from both the normal directories and the Virtual Store directories
                        Thanks.

Comment

Yes the .znf should be removed as well. To remove the files from the Virtual Store you will want to go to your C: drive and click on organize in the upper left. From the drop down menu select Folders and Search Options. Then click on the View Tab. About the 7th or 8th option down it should say "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" Put a bullet point next to this and click apply and OK. Once this has been done you can double click the Users folder, your username for the computer, AppData, Local, Virtual Store, Program Files or Program Files(x86). There should be a QCharts directory here as well that you can remove files from. Hope this helps. Thank you.
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                          X