PatSystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatSystems

I've been trading with V11.3 and Patsystems for about as long as V11 has been available. So far as I can see Good Till Cancelled orders have not been implemented. Unless you are an intraday trader you need GTC orders. They are a basic element of just about every trading platform ever invented. So why is eSignal fiddling about with V11.4 release candidate to produce, apparently, yet more pretty graphs, when the basics haven't been attended to?

agrokid,

Thank you for the post. We're looking into the possibility of adding the GTC TIF to the eSignal/Patsystem plug-in. Once have an idea of the scope of work need to implement the changes we can give a better time of when it will be available.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

PatSystems GTC

Thanks for acknowledging there's a problem. That's more than your guy who phoned me. He blamed Patsystems. But my broker and I know that Pats' API can handle GTC. All you need do is use Good Till Date, and supply a blank date. Sad though, that you've just released (25Apr2012) an updated Version 11, and STILL can't manage something as basic as GTC. Your priorities seem wrong to me, and that makes me unsure of your surviveability. What sort of impression do you think it makes when you can't interface with Patsystems, one of the biggest operations in London? Please bang it into your managements' heads that the world needs Pats more than it needs you.

Comment

agrokid,

Thank you for commments. I'll be sure and pass them on to our Integrated Trading Product Manager.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

You'll pass on my comments!

Why not do something really useful. Like make it possible to trade from the chart on CME JPY/USD (6J) - where your useless program shows only two decimal places instead of four.
          And while you're about it fix the problem which prevents trading from the chart on CBOT Wheat (ZW).

The sad truth seems to be that your company is determined to sell us pretty pictures and clever windows rather than simple trading which is what we signed up for. If I hadn't paid for Advanced Get I'd have dumped you months ago. Even so I have begun negotiations with a different broker who offers SaxoTrader. I've tested it, and it works in every situation where you fail.

Comment

And here's yet another problem for you with Patsystems. I'm 90% sure I'm right on this, but perhaps not. It's connected with MM Strategy. Suppose I have opened a position with associated MM stop-loss and take-profit levels. Suppose now that the stop-loss level is triggered and the whole position closed as requested by the strategy. I would expect the associated take-profit order to be cancelled by eSig, but I don't think it is. This situation happened to me today. The take-profit order was left active and I closed it myself without thinking too much about it. Later I began to reflect on what I'd done. So I rather think there's yet another issue for you to sort out with Patsystems. Of course I have the latest V11.4.2666.1004 32bit, and the broker version is 2.0.2666.1004. I'm sure eSig will eventually get all this sorted out, but why on earth did you release software which is so very far from OK?

Comment

agrokid,
              We greatly appreciate all the feedback, albeit positive or negative so I thank you.

You can quickly and easily change the decimalization of any symbol in the Symbol Dictionary.

In this case in the Broker Manager highlight Patsystems on the Left, Click the Dictionary and Order Defaults tab, find the 6J symbol and double click to get the Edit Symbol Window. Change the tick value from 1/100 to 1/10000 for 4 places out.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you, Avery. I changed the tick value for 6J as you instructed and it worked beautifully. Wonderful. I can now trade JPY/USD.

Want to hear about today's new problem which I have already sent to "Report a Bug"? It's about MM Strategy using the latest V11 and trying to trade via Patsystems as usual. It's a shame MM Strategy let me down because the position at which I wanted to open was where the MOB suggested, and MOB was spot on! This is what I said:-

Time 1528UK (0929Chicago) on Thursday 09May2012.
                In the last few minutes eSig correctly opened a long position on ES M2 as requested by an earlier placed Buy Limit order, with attached stop loss and take-profit levels. I watched it all happen. The protection orders correctly appeared on the chart, bracketing the newly opened position. All well so far. Then, suddenly, the position was closed by eSig, and the position, plus its protection orders, disappeared from the charts. At no time had the quoted price gone anywhere near the bracket orders (the nearest was 19 ticks away). I was watching all the time with Trade Manager open alongside. So I re-opened the same position, with the same protection, by using Trade Manager to buy at market, with the same MM Strategy in effect. Again the position opened and appeared on the chart, with the protection orders in their correct positions, and again, the position was closed within seconds at exactly the level at which it opened (that's what happened to the first position too.) Account Manager shows both positions opening and closing at the same levels. I shall have to stop using MM Strategy until this is sorted out.

Comment

Avery, have you any idea why I can't trade GC M2=1 and CL N2=1 via Patsystems? Both symbols have beautiful charts, updated in real time as they should. But Trade Manager has no prices in it, and clicking on the chart has "New Order" greyed out.

Comment

Avery, thank you for phoning me. I'm now a happy bunny.
                    You showed me how to set up MM Strategies to suit my style of trading. Thank you.
                    You showed me how to fix the problem with JPY/USD futures. Thank you.
                    I can now trade S&P and all the major currency futures intraday, using MM Strategies, Get Stochastic, Ellipse and MOB. Incidentally, MOB worked magnificently today on the hourly S&P.

You told me the problems with Comex Gold (GC M2=1) and Crude Oil (CL N2=1) are known and will be fixed in the next release. OK, I can wait.

You told me the problem with CBOT Wheat is known but needs work by Patsystems as well as eSignal. I'll wait.

I forgot to mention GTC, but no doubt you'll fix it eventually. It matters to me less now MM Strategy works for me and I can trade intraday with no overnight positions needing GTC.

To sum up, eSig Integrated Trading via Patsystems is well on the way to being the best combined charting and trading software, especially with your remarkably accurate Advanced Get. Thank you.

Comment

Integrated Trading Patsystems

Today, 28Mar13, Broker Manager failed to automatically connect to Patsystems. Nor could I connect manually because the "connect" button was greyed out. I was using V11.5.2964. Also tried with V11.5.2838 but same problem. It worked yesterday and I'm not aware of having changed anything overnight. Broker manager Settings are OK. I have deleted V11 and reloaded but that made no difference. Any ideas?

On a separate note, it is very disappointing that Integrated Trading via Patsystems still does not offer GTC orders, and still cannot handle Wheat, and is still unreliable from time to time. I've been complaining about all three things for years now.

Comment

It was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon. Please find the link for the Uninstall instruction for eSignal 11. If you have any questions please feel free to email me and I'll contact you back immediately.

http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4927&p=1

AveryH
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                        X