How to increase sampling rate of higher interval indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to increase sampling rate of higher interval indicator

I am interested in how to get a higher sample rate of a higher interval indicator. For instance, lets say I am using a 30 minute moving average on a 1 minute chart of ES #F. I am trying to avoid the stair stepped appearance of the 30 minute interval moving average using EFS2 indicators, so in effect get higher resolution for timing purposes. I need a higher sample rate (every minute) of the 30 minute moving average on a 1 minute chart. Would I have to build an array using ezArray in order to sample the 30 min MA at the rate of every minute? I have looked on the forum but haven't found anything that does this. Could you direct me to a post or how to get started writing an array that samples a higher interval indicator every minute. Many thanks for all the great support.

Drill down into 30 Min RSi or MA

I was searching the forum and came across a post related to my original question about a higher sample rate of the 30 min RSI or MA: http://forum.esignal.com/showthread.php?threadid=19402
    that talks about checking a 30 min interval on a 5 min chart by drilling down into the 30 min on real time charts. I would be satisfied with the ability to do this. Can you answer how you would drill down into the 30 min RSI or MA on a 5 min chart? I would like to increase my timing resolution rather just waiting for the 30 min interval bar to close.

Thanks in advance for all your kind help.

Comment

Working...
    X