Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

proxy settings for intraday history servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proxy settings for intraday history servers?

Hi!

I was wondering whether there is any method to connect to intraday history servers for downloading data to excel using Qlink by using proxy from behind a corporate firewall? I cannot request my coporate web admin to open port 2192 for intraday history server.

I use a software called YourFreedom to connect to eSignal live data using eSignal Data Manager, but I am unable to see intraday history data from behind proxy.

In short, Qlink works fine for real time data since it pulls data from eSignal DM (that supports proxy), but fails for Intraday data from behind proxy. So is it possible to introduce proxy for Qlink also, or can eSignal DM (which works from behind proxy) pull intraday data also?

Following is reply to support ticket no. 244756-1254056 on the subject:
    The Data Manager does not provide historical data and will only provide streaming data, historical data is provided through our Tick or History servers which use a different port. Data Manager will use Port 2189 while the Tick and History Servers will use 2192, 2193 and 2194. If you are unable to get historical data these ports may be blocked and not allowing the connections to these servers. This can also explain why QLink is partially connected. History data is not provided by the DM.

Technical Support
    Interactive Data
    Last edited by jjsmalik; 05-20-2012, 01:21 PM.

QLink proxy

We have a new version of QLink in developement as we speak. I will have some more information for you once I have this build to test. I'm not 100% sure that this upcoming build will include proxy support, but I do know that it's something we are working on. I will post again once I have some more information for you.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your reply. Hope you do add proxy support feature for all data servers. In the mean time, I was wondering as to which .exe file calls for the intraday data from your intraday history server. Is it Qlink.exe or some other file. Maybe I could route that .exe through some proxy software, while newer version of Qlink is under development.

Also, I would REALLY REALLY like to see Depth of Market support added to Qlink. If not the best 5 bids and offers, atleast the overall open bid and sell quantities would add a lot of value to the data eSignal is offering.

Been using Qlink for only 2-3 months now and have realised that its amazing how much value raw data can add when we use it with excel to analyse the data in multiple ways, rather than waiting for some software developer to write codes. The best thing is, that the analysis method can be developed and changed on the fly.

My compliments to the eSignal team for Qlink.

Comment

Depth of market through QLink is something that has been requested in the past as well and is something we are also looking into adding. Yes, it's QLink.exe that makes the connection to our History and Tick servers.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X