Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does 16x5 mean in a Time & Sales BBO window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does 16x5 mean in a Time & Sales BBO window?

I'm trading futures contracts, the YM, and I'd like to know what the size numbers represent, e.g., "16x5."

I've attached a screenshot of a window with the appropriate terms highlighted.

Thanks,
    Rusty A
    Attached Files

Rusty3
    See the description of Sizes in the Column Headings section of this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on the T&S window
    Alex

Originally posted by Rusty3 View Post
    I'm trading futures contracts, the YM, and I'd like to know what the size numbers represent, e.g., "16x5."

I've attached a screenshot of a window with the appropriate terms highlighted.

Thanks,
    Rusty A

Comment

Alexis,

I see the Column Heading section in the knowledge base, but it doesn't explain what the "16x5" means. Does it mean 16 "blocks" of 5 "contracts"? If there was just one number there I'd take it to mean the number of contracts, or shares, bid/ask/traded, but the "Number X Number" notation escapes me.

Thanks,
      Rusty

Comment

Rusty3
        Sizes: Displays the bid size versus the ask size.
        16x5 means 16 contracts at the Bid versus 5 contracts at the Ask
        Alex

Originally posted by Rusty3 View Post
        Alexis,

I see the Column Heading section in the knowledge base, but it doesn't explain what the "16x5" means. Does it mean 16 "blocks" of 5 "contracts"? If there was just one number there I'd take it to mean the number of contracts, or shares, bid/ask/traded, but the "Number X Number" notation escapes me.

Thanks,
        Rusty

Comment

The "light bulb" goes on! Thank you Alexis!

Rusty A

Comment

Working...
          X