No announcement yet.

Where is the MLK Day mkthours.ini file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the MLK Day mkthours.ini file?

It is now 11:28 a.m. EST on MLK Day and I have not received a mkthours.ini file with the holiday updates. I have already deleted the existing file and open and closed QCharts several times.

Since markets have been trading since Sunday night, is it too much to ask to have timely updates?
    Brian

UPDATE: With fewer than 40 minutes before the U.S. stock market opens for regular trading, there is still no update. At this point, even the day traders (who apparently are 99.99% of QCharts subscribers) must be starting to get a little upset.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bpschultz View Post
      UPDATE: With fewer than 40 minutes before the U.S. stock market opens for regular trading, there is still no update. At this point, even the day traders (who apparently are 99.99% of QCharts subscribers) must be starting to get a little upset.
      Indeed. Qcharts/eSignal/whoever, why hasn't this been done?

Comment

This should be the correct mkthours file.
        Attached Files
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by eostrom View Post
          This should be the correct mkthours file.
          Doesn't look correct in my charts. Still showing yesterday with no data.

Comment

You are correct, I will get the correct one posted. Thank you
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

This is the correct one. Confirmed that it works.
              Attached Files
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

This is the correct one. Confirmed that it works.
                When I place this file in the QCharts folder and then launch the application it gets overwritten and replaced automatically with a downloaded mkthours timestamped 1/14/2013.

Comment

you have to place it in the sigtext folder and rename it to mkthours.tab as well. They both have to be put in at the same time or the file will not work correctly.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

you have to place it in the sigtext folder and rename it to mkthours.tab as well. They both have to be put in at the same time or the file will not work correctly.
                    I see. In the future, if two files are needed then you might want to provide those two files with the relevant extensions and let us know where they both need to go. Better yet, instead of asking us to fool around with ini files just do this yourself in advance of the trading day, that's what you get paid to do. Unless you want to take up trading for us while we're renaming files and hunting for folders. This screw-up affected my trading today.

Comment

Provided there is only one installation of QCharts on the system, this should all be done automatically. The process I provided is only if clients have had trouble with mkthours files in the past and have to do a manual update. I apologize for not being more clear about the proceedure, I incorrectly assumed these steps were known.

The QCharts application isn't without it's bugs and short comings and since we are no longer updating this software, these may become more apparent as other programs, Operating Systems, and server side software continue to move forward. Should this happen again, I will provide both files. Thank you
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Provided there is only one installation of QCharts on the system, this should all be done automatically. The process I provided is only if clients have had trouble with mkthours files in the past and have to do a manual update. I apologize for not being more clear about the proceedure, I incorrectly assumed these steps were known.

The QCharts application isn't without it's bugs and short comings and since we are no longer updating this software, these may become more apparent as other programs, Operating Systems, and server side software continue to move forward. Should this happen again, I will provide both files. Thank you
                        There is only one installation of QCharts on this system, and I've never had this mkthours issue before.

Yes we've been hearing about that but were told support will continue. I any case, what's the upgrade or switch-over path to eSignal? I'm prepaid for a year.

Comment

If you would like to switch over to eSignal or gain access to the program you can contact our tech support team at either [email protected] or by phone at 510-264-1700 option 2. Our team should be able to work out access to eSignal for you.
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Here we go again. Incorrect Mkthours. I've restarted QC 10 times already, it's downloading a file from 22nd Jan.

Comment

The program is not downloading a file from the 22nd of January as this file is not available from our servers anymore. It is copying this file from another location on your computer. It is likely that you are getting the latest mkthours.ini file, but since the programs is grabbing the one from the 22nd and the newest is in a different location, you are not seeing this. I will post a link to the latest file that went out last week in this thread.
                              Thank you,
                              Eric O.
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X