CNY A0-FX Problems Have Returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNY A0-FX Problems Have Returned

There are large gaps of time where no data is printing for CNY A0-FX for the past week or two. The problem occurs during Chinese trading hours. You can figure those out easily enough.

The problem is readily apparent on a 60-minute, all-sessions chart.

Please look into the situation. Thank you.
    Brian

Actually, it is easier to see the problem using a 5-minute, all-sessions chart.
    Brian

Comment

I'm not able to see the unusual gaps that you are speaking of. Do you have a screenshot?
      Thank you,
      Eric O.
      eSignal Support

Comment

I hope the circled areas on the attached chart are self evident.
        Attached Files
        Brian

Comment

Has anyone at eSignal looked into this problem yet?
          Brian

Comment

THis is still being looked into. I will report once I have some further information. Thank you
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

We do not carry that many contributors for this symbol so there isn't much quoting during the times mentioned. We turned some of our contributors for this symbol off because the data they were sending was horribly out of range and caused spikes in the charts.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Dear Sir
                Kindly advise what is the definition for the O which is front of the CNY OA3-FX as this is not defined in the forex symbol guide

I know A3 stands for 3 days.

Example: CNY OA3-FX

http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...86450731754303

Comment

Bogus Excuses and Lack of Data on April Fool's Day

Eric,

The time period is question is the BUSIEST time of day because it is CHINESE trading hours trading the CHINESE CURRENCY. Your excuse that not many quotes are being processed at that time of day simply doesn't hold water. The Bloomberg feed doesn't seem to suffer from the problems you describe.
                  Attached Files
                  Brian

Comment

Here is the Bloomberg chart from 4/1/2013. There are no gaps in the data. Note that the chart is during CHINESE trading hours.
                    Attached Files
                    Brian

Comment

Bloomberg more than likely has different contirbutors for the CNY than we do. Those contributors are sending data during these times. We do not carry that many contributors for CNY at this time and have shut down a few of them due to bad data as I stated above. When I said that not many quotes are being processed I meant that of the contributors we have there are not many quotes being processed during these times.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

How about finding better data providers for Forex? That would be the reply I would expect from a customer-driven company.
                        Brian

Comment

There is a lot involved in switching to another data provider like this and a lot of what is involved would negatively affect clients. I will see if there are plans to expand this feed in the future. I will post once I have further information. Thank you
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                          X