Please help me with my Qcharts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with my Qcharts

I have been a subscriber for more than 10 years. In the last year or more, I have been having the following problems on a daily basis.

1- The program freezes up and I have to exit and start again, only to have the same problem an hour or two later.
    2- The symbols keep changing on their own, whether the Quote sheet is active or stored on the computer.
    3- Symbols copy themselves down and I end up with the same symbol repeated several times on the expense of other symbols that simply vanish.

I am using Qcharts version 6.2.1, version 6.2.1.2527 Build 02/12/2011. And I do not exceed my limit of 500 charts at a time.

Any idea what to do?

Forgot to mention that I have a brand new very powerful laptop using Windows 7
    Last edited by Elneweihi; 11-07-2013, 09:38 PM. Reason: Add info

The symbol duplication issue is a bug in the software. Since the development of QCharts had stopped at this point, it's not something that we are going to be fixing. As far as the freezing goes, our tech support team might be able to help you out with that. Most of the time this has to do with old line tools that have been left on the charts though.

Due to the development stopping on QCharts we are able to offer you access to eSignal 11 if that's something you would like to try. Please let me know or contact our tech support team in one of the following ways. Thank you

http://www.esignal.com/support/esignal/contactus.aspx
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

I have a workaround to keep your ticker symbols straight. Add a COMMENT field to your quotesheet, then manually type the ticker as the comment. When you get ticker bleed, it will overwrite the SYMBOL field but the original ticker is still left in the COMMENT field. Then you have to change the SYMBOL back to the original. It's a pain, but I don't lose tickers anymore.

It would be nice if eSignal would support QCharts and fix annoyances like this. I was glad to see they offered a solution to making QCharts work with Windows 8.1. Thank you! I've tried eSignal and it just doesn't do what I need. I understand there will be another company offering a better product in the next few months and if that does what I need I will be leaving QCharts/eSignal.

Comment

Working...
      X