Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with FUTURES TRADER and broker connection

Hi,

Ive experienced a problem the first time I made a trade, a week or so ago ( as a new user )
    - No trade data in chart
    - close button not working correctly ( actually opened several sell positions as I tried to close the original buy )
    - unable to enter a limit or stop from trade manager

Thought I was in deep doodoo, but managed to get broker to close all positions ( at a loss )

Made a second trade yesterday, more successful, but:
    - still no trade data in chart.
    - Single buy and sell orders were executed OK, but the initial order had a MM strategy of stop 15 and limit 30, which was rejected.

My Broker says it was rejected because: ''Rejected order says FAK/FOK/AON orders are not supported in OCO compound orders. Are you trying to put a fill or kill order in the oco order.OCO orders need to have a limit order and a stop order and that is it. Nothing can be added on.''

I had ''immediate or cancel'' as the TIF setting, but other than that Im scratching my head.

Any suggestions?

To clarify,

I am trading YM M4, mapped to the broker ( Dorman Trading LLC ) ID=F.US.YMM14

The MM strategy and all other functionality like trade visible in charts with limit/stop positions work perfectly with Paper Trader.

When I switch to live broker connection, there are a number of extra fields in the order ticket / trade manager e.g.. TIF

I used the 'Immediate or cancel' TIF settings in the trade manager.

I have also noticed the tick price was showing $2/tick on the trade manager, but when I closed the trial trade at a 4 tick profit, I was correctly credited 4x$5=$20. Ive looked at the symbol settings and have got tick size=1, lot size=1, multiplier=1 and point value=1

What trade settings should I be using to avoid a conflict with the broker?

Thanks
    Nick

Comment

Problem still ongoing:

- I have changed the broker plugin as advised, along with changing the trade TIF to 'good till cancel' instead of 'immediate or cancel', and I can now see the trade info in the chart.
      - The limit and stop positions are visible in the chart and can be modified. They work correctly to close the trade, when market price reaches their values.
      - The 'close' button is still not working. Both the limit and stop orders are cancelled, but the system rejects the order to exit the trade. When I look at the account manager messages, I see the following:
      1. when I place an order I see the order created, e.g. ID=CQG_1810809095_7 Account (my details ) Symbol='YM m4' Order Type='Market' Action ='Buy' Quantity='1' TIF='Good till cancel'

2. the order is filled and executed with an execution ID=21377997723CQG_1810809095_7 and a position opened at the average price=16475

3. 2 extra orders are opened: ID=CQG_1811811167_15 Account (my details ) Symbol='YM m4' Order Type='Stop' Action ='Sell' Quantity='1' Stop price='16460' TIF='Good till cancel'
      and ID=CQG_1811811170_18 Account (my details ) Symbol='YM m4' Order Type='Limit' Action ='Sell' Quantity='1' Limit price='16505' TIF='Good till cancel'

4. when I press the close button this is what happens simultaneously:
      a- New order created ID=CQG_4160327047_55 Account (my details ) Symbol='YM m4' Order Type='Market' Action ='Sell' Quantity='1' TIF='Good till cancel'
      b- MMS OCA: order CQG_4159774189_45 is in 'cancelled' state now. Cancelling others
      c- Order CQG_4160327047_55 rejected with reason: unknown symbol

So in 'a' above, the inverse 'sell' order is raised correctly when the close button is pressed, but it is then rejected as per the message in 'c'
      The MMS order reference does not correspond to any previous orders, but I don't know if that is correct or not.

I have been advised by eSignal that the close button is 'solid', so clearly all of the above must be my fault!

Does anybody recognise the above, or have any advise as I am currently getting nowhere with tech support.

Thanks
      Nick

Comment

Working...
      X