Possibly a minor error in KB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a minor error in KB

I just stumbled across what I believe to be a minor error in the Knowledge Base and thought you might want to take a look at it. The Article, #2185, is almost two years old so by now it may have been superseded by a later edition although after a quick check I didn't see an update. In two examples on the use of the setBar() function it reads as follows:

//set the value of the prior bar of the 3rd study you are returning from your script to 25.
    setBar( Bar.Value, -1, 3, 25 );

//set the line style of the first study returned from your script to PS_SOLID (3 bars ago)
    setBar( Bar.Style, -3, 2, PS_SOLID );

The explanations above the two lines of code both incorrectly identify which study's returns will be reset. Regarding setBar( Bar.Value, -1, 3, 25 ); the explantion states the prior bars value from the 3rd study you are returning from your script will be reset to 25 when in reality it would be the 4th study's since the first study's returned series is referenced with a zero. Similarly with regards to setBar( Bar.Style, -3, 2, PS_SOLID ); the explanation reads that the Bar Style of the first study's returned value three bars ago will be reset when actually it would reset the Bar Style of the third returned study three bars ago.
    In my search to find an updated Article I came across article #1174 that also contains these mistakes. No biggie, just thought you might want to know.

Hi,

Thank you for reporting these errors. They have been now corrected in both KB articles.

Comment

Working...
    X