EFS Automated Trading Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Automated Trading Issue

Hello. I am currently using ESignal version 12. I have written the code for automated testing with the help of the the sample available in the forum. The problem I face is that nothing happens when a Trade.buyMarket call is made. It also returns a value of null. The same is the case when i try to place any other order. One more thing is that I applied the "EFSAT_Example" script on a live market and was able to see the buttons to place the order. But once again, nothing happens when i try to place an order by clicking on any of the buttons. The only way I am able to place an order is manually using the interface provided by esignal itself.
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello strivittal,
    It is most likely that the issue is because you have not activated the Automated Trading switches. A script has the ability to send trades to account connections only when both EFS Automated Trading switches - one on the status bar of eSignal and the other on the title bar of the Chart - are activated. When these are enabled, the icons “EFS” will be colored green and will be grey when disabled.

Also notice that all mouse functions require the use of the Shift key when called from the Chart. So to call the function button on the Chart you have to Shift + Left click.

Originally posted by srivittal View Post
    Hello. I am currently using ESignal version 12. I have written the code for automated testing with the help of the the sample available in the forum. The problem I face is that nothing happens when a Trade.buyMarket call is made. It also returns a value of null. The same is the case when i try to place any other order. One more thing is that I applied the "EFSAT_Example" script on a live market and was able to see the buttons to place the order. But once again, nothing happens when i try to place an order by clicking on any of the buttons. The only way I am able to place an order is manually using the interface provided by esignal itself.
    I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X