Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing much

thx for this forum
    Last edited by madank1; 10-08-2017, 05:05 AM.

Hi,

I will look at during today's session to see If I can duplicate it and let you know.

Sincerely,

Eric L

Comment

Thanks Eric. Please use range bars(that uses tick data). Would really appreciate any feedback on this issue.

I was under the impression that Stochastics value should not change once the corresponding bar closes(let it be minute charts, daily, weekly, range, renko). Am i wrong in understanding this? I know the stoch value changes when the bar is still in formation.

Comment

Eric,

Did you get a chance to look into it? If yes, what was your findings?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

We were not able to duplicate it with this current session, were you?

What we did notice on your charts is that the last bar of 7/21 changed--which would affect the stochastic. In the 2 top charts it is a green up bar and in the bottom 2 examples it is a red down bar. Bars can be changed if a bad tick is corrected and the correction won't show up until the chart refreshed.

Eric

Comment

Eric,

I was not able to replicate the issue today. I was diligently taking snapshots but nothing was amiss.

Well, I see the close is different on the last bar of 7/21(maybe due to bad tick) and hence the color changes to green on refresh. But, why it did not get corrected on 7/21 itself(say after mkt close)? I close out the platform after trading and open it only the next day morning..am confused.

Imagine this..there was a bad tick on 7/21 and i reopen the platform the next day (7/22) morning to start trading. At this point of time, i would have assumed that any bad tick would have been corrected as 7/22 is a fresh day. Essentially, what i am saying is that bad tick on 7/21 should not have any issue on 7/22 unless the data got corrected after mkt hrs on 7/22.

So, how does this bad tick getting corrected works? Please let me know when would the typical correction happen on bad ticks? Who does this correction and what timeframe is typical for these kind of issues? Is it 1 day after the bad tick or at the end of the same day? In our case, it seems the bad tick(of 7/21) got corrected only after the market close of 7/22?

Can you please shed more light into it?

Appreciate your help!!
            Last edited by madank1; 07-23-2014, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Many bad ticks are corrected by the exchange-they send out a correction. Other times our QA department will correct it when they discover it or when a user reports it using "Report a Questionable Price" function in the program. So they are fixed when they are discovered.

Sincerely,

Eric L.

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_EricL View Post
                Hi,

Many bad ticks are corrected by the exchange-they send out a correction. Other times our QA department will correct it when they discover it or when a user reports it using "Report a Questionable Price" function in the program. So they are fixed when they are discovered.

Sincerely,

Eric L.
                Thanks for the explanation Eric.

As i am trading based on these charts, from a user perspective, what would you suggest me to do? How can a user identify a bad tick? If it is really out of ordinary, it is easy to figure out. But in cases like above, what would be the best course of action?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

A user usually identifies a bad tick if it is way out of range or if they compare the data with their broker or the exchange. Fortunatel,y bad ticks are the exception. If you do find a bad tick, then click Support on the main menu bar and select "Report a Questionable Price". Fill out the form and it goes to our QA department to fix.

Sincerely,

Eric L.

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_EricL View Post
                    Hi,

A user usually identifies a bad tick if it is way out of range or if they compare the data with their broker or the exchange. Fortunatel,y bad ticks are the exception. If you do find a bad tick, then click Support on the main menu bar and select "Report a Questionable Price". Fill out the form and it goes to our QA department to fix.

Sincerely,

Eric L.
                    Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Lets say, a bad tick is identified and gets fixed inbetween mkt hours. So, to get the right data, a F5 refresh would suffice or an user should close and reopen the program?

Comment

Hi,

Open and close the program.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                      X