Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick Chart Discrepancy

Hi,

I am trading SGX Taiwan futures using 150T as tick chart. However, I noticed the chart looks different after I restarted the ESignal and the initial chart led me to enter bad trade. May I know how could I prevent this so that the chart will be correct from the moment market is opened?

blackcoffee123
    If you are not already doing so you may want to use a time template that is set to load a specific number of days [rather than Dynamic or number of bars] so as to ensure that the tick counts consistently start at the beginning of the session(s)
    See the eSignal KnowledgeBase for information on time templates and instructions on how to use them
    Alex

Originally posted by blackcoffee123 View Post
    Hi,

I am trading SGX Taiwan futures using 150T as tick chart. However, I noticed the chart looks different after I restarted the ESignal and the initial chart led me to enter bad trade. May I know how could I prevent this so that the chart will be correct from the moment market is opened?

Comment

Hi ACM,

Thanks for the assistance.

I have set a time template to start at 8.45am and ends at 1.50pm and only load 2 days of data. However, the discrepancy issue still persist. It happens everyday.

The other thing that I noticed is that if I refreshed the chart or the connection was reconnected, the latest bar will stop counting to 150 ticks and a new bar will be formed straightaway. The same happen if I restarted the ESignal suite. A new bar will be formed while the one before it is actually lesser than 150 ticks. Thus, the chart will be inaccurate.

Comparing to another chart provider, it seems it doesn't have this issue.

Please help.

Comment

Hi,

I will monitor this today's session and let you know the result, but if you could provide screenshots when this discrepancy occurrs--that will help.

Eric
        Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 08-20-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I was not able to duplicate the issue. I relaunched the program twice and refreshed several times with no change in the data points. Did it occur for you?

I will try again in tommorrow's session.

Eric
          Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 08-20-2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Test it again. Relaunched twice and refreshed it twice and no change in the data points.

Sincerely,

Eric

Comment

Working...
            X